Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Do we ask VA loan questions in here? If so, has anyone worked with a good lender that will do VA loans for condos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

You really want to use your VA loan on a condo? Not trying to be a dick, but unless that condo is Three Olives imaginary level of condo then I would hold off.

You can use a VA loan more than once. A condo is basically my only option in the DC area unless I want to have a ridiculous commute or somehow become a millionaire and can afford a $900,000 dollar SFH.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Member 4 should be on file with the VA and your state VA, but I believe it requires you to jump through some hoops to obtain because it can be used to steal the everliving poo poo out of your identity.

Note to everyone: file your member 4 with your county records office and get a bunch of certified copies made.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Delizin posted:

Storing your DD214 with the county isn't always a good idea. In a lot of counties your DD214 will become a public record that anyone can get their hands on with all of your sensitive info intact. This will put you in serious danger of having your identity stolen. If you want to keep your original safe then put it in a safety deposit box or somewhere else that people can't get access to it.

Yeah, it's probably a good idea to check on this. In mine, it's entered into the archives but it can't be accessed without a release or a court order.

• Locked thread