Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008
I Know there'd is a one year time limit on claiming injuries with the VA when you return from a deployment, but I seem to recall something about that not applying to PTSD stuff. I am curious because I got back from Iraq about 2 years ago now, and recently I have been having... Issues with both anger and that nervous hyper alert sensation that makes you just feel scared all the time. Anyone know if you. An still claim PTSD after the one year time limit? Even if it is just to get treatment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008

wirefire posted:

Also, let a VSO rep prepare your filing paperwork. The guy I saw went through my entire medical history page by page.

I was only going to claim two things but with his encouragement I ended up claiming five. One of the things I wasn't going to claim ended up being rated at 30%.

This can never be said enough.
CLAIM EVERYTHING. No matter how silly, or minor you think it is, or how much of a pussy you think it makes you look like for complaining. Claim it, this is your one, ONE chance to get you comeuppance, do not gently caress it up.

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Uhhh.

I don't think your using this phrase the way you mean to.

Look, I was enlisted, I don't know from words.

• Locked thread