Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Does anyone have experience with the VA caregiver credit thing?

Someone helps me out a lot, and I would like to get them some compensation. I have a high enough rating, but am worried about how it may affect me. I have seen VA letters where people have been Brady acted and don't want that- I am not unstable or so far gone that I can't be responsible, I just need help with memory and reminders of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Ok, new question. Does anyone have any experience with CRSC? I will qualify for it, but can't find any specifics about it, just these sanitized overviews of what it is without any real detail.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

not caring here posted:

DD2860 is what you're looking for. Fill that out, don't make a massive novel on the form, just send it along with your approved rating decision, and your PEB/MEB results summaries if you got med boarded. If your paperwork is a bit janky and unclear on the cause of your injury, then unit reports and purple heart awards can go in there as well.

You send it off to Knox, in case you've got another address there.

You also need to get paid by the VA for the first time before it can be processed so don't send it in early because they'll probably throw the bitch out.

edit: the form pretty much has all the information you need about it.

My PEB is finishing up, I am sending back the final forms to have it completed and orders cut. I have been VA rated for years. Not to sound like a money grubbing shithead, but what does CRSC do exactly? I have seen three sites tell me three different things, but am still a little in the dark as to what exactly it does.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

not caring here posted:

Okay, I'll try not to gently caress this up.

CRSC is when you are receiving disability money from the VA, and are waiving retirement money from the army or whatever to get it. Basically, up until 5 years ago or whatever, you had to give up x amount of retirement money, to get paid the same amount in disability. Basically, you couldn't double dip. It worked out that you either got the higher of a) VA money, b) retirement money.

If you are eligible for CRSC it gives you back your retirement money. Now, if you haven't done your 20 years, you aren't exactly eligible for a full retirement, so don't get too excited. It gets prorated. So humble old E4 with a few years in gets his legs blown off picks up an extra 150 bucks a month or something. It's super good if you were close to retirement.

Of course, if you've put in your 20 then the military machine will look after you and you then get CRDP I think it's called, and pick up your full retirement and your disability money.

And you aren't a money grubbing shithead, it's now your chance to gently caress uncle sam with his own rules in exchange for all those times he hosed you.

I think I got that right, it's fuckin' complicated to me.

Ok, so I am being medically retired at 100%, which gets knocked down to 75% of my 100% pay because that is the max the Army gives me. I sure as poo poo don't have 20 in, so they will prorate that 75%?
I know I have a gently caress ton of probably unanswerable questions, but this is new unknown territory for me.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Does anyone have any experience with how long CRSC takes to get processed/approved? I know when I first applied (early, like my idiot PEBLO told me to) they denied it in four days, so I am expecting several years to get approved.
E: I know what the website says, but I was hoping for a real experience.

bulletsponge13 fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 29, 2015

• Locked thread