Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001
I just wanted to thank whoever posted about the free healthcare for OIF vets, I just applied last week. I haven't dealt with the VA since I got out other than for the GI Bill. Is there a special process involved in proving you have service related issues (mostly respiratory from breathing in burning garbage every single day) or am I boned? Will that get covered when they enroll me for the healthcare or what?

Also not really related but I just tried to get old W2s from DFAS and it was the most aggravating experience I've had in a long time, really made me remember why I got out. After about an hour of going in circles in their moronic phone queues and talking with brain dead customer support I finally got a number to their archival department. They said it would take 60 days to get my W2 from 2009. lmao. F-- would not enlist again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
How long does it take to get to step 2? I did the EZ form and they mailed me some thing to fill out and I returned it, and its been about a month now. :frogbon:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Roving Reporter posted:

I believe it took me somewhere around 2 months or so to get my first appointment. What did they give you to fill out and return?

Just make sure you watch your phone and mail. They'll call/send you stuff once, maybe twice and if you miss it, its even more of a pain. Hence why #6 is so important once you're 'in'.

They wanted a copy of my DD214 and some other stuff I can't remember. I was wondering because I'm moving from this apartment soon so when the mail forwarding runs out I'm gonna be hosed, haha. Hopefully they just call me.

• Locked thread