Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
So my C&P has been reset to gathering of evidence, is past its projected completion date, and they are currently seeking additional information about claims I put in. I have not ever been scheduled to have an examination and have moved across the country for school. My present concern that the regional office that is handling my claim (New Orleans) is a bunch of fucklords and they are just going to continue to bounce my claim between gathering of evidence and pending approval without ever scheduling me an examination. Is this the point where I need to contact the VFW or whomever to get a third party veterans organization to petition on my behalf, or is this the typical glacial pace of filing a C&P claim after you've already been separated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Tautologicus posted:

I learned recently that you can use the DBQ forms available on the VA website and go to a private doctor, or even your VA PCP, and get it filled out in lieu of an examination. It is considered in the same way. I think that's what I am going to do, I am in kind of the same boat as you.

Do you have a link? I fortunately have health insurance through my university so with any luck I can just attach this poo poo and expedite this loving awful process.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Time posted:

The blood tests take too long I need to register for spring classes soon. Thank you so much though for all the other info!

Alot of colleges allow you to file a form stating that you don't have records stating you have been immunized but that in the event of an outbreak on campus you will remain away from the university.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

justice4trayvawn posted:

There is some sort of weird Tier system they go by that I never even began to try to understand

Unless it has changed in the last few years (probably(lol))

Over 30% means full healthcare with copays and prescription copays, something like 70% is full ride medical. Additionally if you are poor you get a higher priority rating. at 70% I would imagine you have completely free healthcare

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Consummate Professional posted:

Hey guys, can anyone answer some questions about the 5 years of health insurance for OEF/OIF vets? Can I use it when I'm sick or is it a service connected thing? Does it meet the ACA requirements of health insurance? I basically did not hear about this program until I dropped my records off at the DAV and I don't understand what I'm getting despite looking at the VA website.
PS being out/on terminal is loving rad.

Its for anything and I think is for 6 years from discharge. It generally is not great, but certainly is better than not having health insurance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Godholio posted:

It was definitely 5 years as of 2013.

Yeah I heard they were extending it for a year as of last year when they changed the rules regarding living over 200 miles from a VA facility or whatever. Can't find a link right now but I'm like 90% sure I read that, not that sure that it's true.

• Locked thread