Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Can anyone tell me what the holdup is on my VA CCD record download? I've checked it twice lately (~2 weeks) and it still says "updating".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Godholio posted:

Ok, a VA loan isn't really that big a unicorn. All it means is that instead of a down payment, the VA will guarantee the bank a certain portion of the loan, up to a certain dollar amount (I don't know what it is). You still go through a normal bank (I don't know any bank that doesn't want to work with these, but YMMV. I got my loan through Wells Fargo because they had a better deal than USAA at the time). If you use up to the full amount (you generally will) then that's that. UNTIL you sell the home or refinance, freeing up your VA guarantee again.

So basically, you get to use it once at a time.

Some regions speak VA more than others. Not that anyone would buy in NYC here (assuming) but good luck finding an agent or bank who will deal with the VA's hoops.

It's an extra hassle for banks that are often already hesitant to get their dicks smacked for predatory lending or anything which might be perceived as predatory lending.

Also secondhand experience in buying with a VA loan is that you'll spend twice as long jumping thru hoops (extra inspections etc) and routing paperwork thru another layer of bureaucracy.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

Mine might have been extra weird because it was during the peak of the mortgage crash. I did get the $8000 first time homebuyer Obama bucks at least. Wish they'd do that again.

You mean inflate house prices by $8000?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

psydude posted:

Note to everyone: file your member 4 with your county records office and get a bunch of certified copies made.

Not trying to be dumb. But, why?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Scan that poo poo. I haven't had to provide a paper DD214, like, ever

• Locked thread