Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coffee Sludge
Dec 14, 2003

Dag nabbit
Grimey Drawer

moker posted:

I was really really sick with a very high fever over a weekend last month, decided to walk in at the VA clinic instead of going to my school since the prescriptions are cheaper.
They saw me fast, doctor gave me a strep test and asked the usual questions(plus those stupid loving ARE YOU AN ALCOHOLIC questions they ask every single visit)....the lovely part was she gave me no medicine(I seriously felt like poo poo) and the 12-24 hour strep test took A loving WEEK. I figured they just never called me back because it was negative, but nope....I get a call a week later with the doctor sheepishly asking me how I was feeling. When I asked why she called she said the strep test was indeed positive, which is not very cool considering I went to school every day that week. :suicide:

That same week I had to go to my schools clinic because my salivary gland was so swollen I couldn't close my mouth any more, got actual medicine and felt fine within 2 days

I have never understood this. I've had strep tests take about an hour to come back yet the military (I know the VA is not military, but it's the same type of medical care, I think) takes a week. My biggest complaint is a lack of centralized information for the local hospitals and such. I should contact the local DAV again. It takes me awhile to work up to going outside though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread