Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Dantu posted:

Great thread. I practice Veteran's Disability law, I'll post some info this weekend.

Dear god yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I've had strep swab results in five minutes. I have no idea what could take them so long to do a simple test that doesn't need any lab attention.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/09/military-bill-would-create-id-card-for-all-veterans-092211/

Hey House of Reps is gonna see a bill to give all veterans an official ID card. Pretty good idea to cut down the need to carry a DD-214 around. I'm sure they can't find a way to gently caress this u-

quote:

Two veterans serving in the House of Representatives have introduced legislation to have the government provide identification cards to all veterans, not just military retirees.

In an era where Congress is watching pennies, the legislation would require the Veterans Affairs Department to provide the photo identification to any eligible veteran who asks, but allows for a fee to be charged.

The fee would be determined later. To keep it as low as possible or maybe even make the cards free, the legislation allows for advertising on the card.

The Veterans ID Card Act, HR 2985, was introduced Wednesday by Reps. Todd Akin, R-Mo., and Silvestre Reyes, D-Texas, both Army veterans, as a way for people to prove their status if they are not military retirees, who have Defense Department-issued identification, and do not receive VA medical benefits.

“Millions of Americans have served honorably in our nation’s armed forces, including over two million who have served in Iraq or Afghanistan since 9/11,” said Akin, chairman of the House Armed Services Committee’s seapower and projection forces panel, who served eight years in the Army Reserve as a combat engineer beginning in 1972. Reyes, also a member of the House Armed Services Committee, is a Vietnam veteran.

“I know that numerous businesses today are eager to hire returning veterans or recognize their special service and would like to be able to confirm that an individual is, in fact, a veteran,” said Akin. Such ID cards also would be handy for veterans to use in qualifying for discounts and promotions, he said.

Veterans do have proof of their military service, the DD 214 Report of Separation, which must be produced to use veterans’ benefits, but Akin said it would be a lot easier to carry an ID card than the piece of paper.

The military form also contains an individual’s Social Security number, something most people don’t want to pass around.

:ughh:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

PBRstreetgang posted:

So when I think about how I handled depleted uranium sabots, I wonder if thats where my anger is coming from.

DU is not gamma radiation

see a shrink

• Locked thread