Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isaac Asimov
Oct 22, 2004

Phrost bought me this custom title even though he doesn't know me, to get rid of the old one (lol gay) out of respect for my namesake. Thanks, Phr

quote:

Outpatient Care: A three-tiered copay system is used for all outpatient services. The copay is $15 for a primary care visit and $50 for some specialized care. Service-connected Veterans 10 percent or greater are exempt from copay requirements for inpatient and outpatient medical care for service-connected and non-service connected treatment. 0 percent service-connected Veterans may be required to complete a copay test to determine if copay requirements are advised.

What does outpatient care mean? A non-VA doctor/physician/chiropracter?
edit: oh nm :/

quote:

Definition: Outpatient care describes medical care or treatment that does not require an overnight stay in a hospital or medical facility. Outpatient care may be administered in a medical office or a hospital, but most commonly, it is provided in a medical office or outpatient surgery center.

And what's up with social security disability comp? I have 60% disability(and possibly getting higher on future appeal), so I seem to be eligible for a lot of things that I was never aware of.

Isaac Asimov fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac Asimov
Oct 22, 2004

Phrost bought me this custom title even though he doesn't know me, to get rid of the old one (lol gay) out of respect for my namesake. Thanks, Phr

Roving Reporter posted:

I've got Wellbutrin for PTSD/anxiety, prazosin for nightmares and trazadone for sleep

I've actually discovered acupuncture and yoga, along with some breathing/meditating works wonders.

Drug budz

When I first tried prazosin for my night terrors/sleep paralysis/waking hallucinations, everything actually got worse. I was too terrified to take it for a long time. I didn't want my girlfriend to see me as the poster child for PTSD, freaking out in the middle of the night. After I started therapy(without any drugs), the night terrors increased for a little while, then tapered off as I went to sessions 1/week for a few months. Now I can take prazosin at night without guaranteed night terrors, but I guess there's not much reason to anymore. I'm in cognitive behavioral therapy for PTSD fyi.

I take trazadone as needed these days, but melatonin often works just as well for me now.

I want to find something else for anxiety. Welbutrin(I get the generic kind) just makes me feel like a zombie now so I avoid it.

My girlfriend is a therapist and she recently taught me some breathing exercises that work well. I have to make a point to want to calm down though. I keep meaning to try out yoga, since the stretches I do for my back are basically yoga moves.

Isaac Asimov fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Dec 25, 2011

Isaac Asimov
Oct 22, 2004

50 Foot Ant posted:

14 years of backpay. Enough to literally buy a house, appliances, furniture, and a car.

I had a bad experience with a Registered Nurse who took over as my mental health tech, who didn't know what the hell she was talking about. She misdiagnosed me, put me on the wrong pills, had pages of stuff in there that wasn't even me, and so much other crap that now I have to refile for PTSD.

I had a $14000 backpay check because my old unit pressured me into working up until my last few days, so I never got a physical, didn't apply for anything until a year later. That was nice to see after being a homeless wanderer for a year.

I had a bad experience with a RN at the Denton, TX VA clinic. She didn't mind pretending to be a psychiatrist for months before I found out that she was just a nurse that could legally prescribe drugs. She was also a bitch and hardly ever took anything I said at face value, really made me feel like I was at fault for "something". When I told her about feeling like a zombie after taking welbutrin or how I felt like my night terrors were more real than my waking moments, she told me I wasn't taking enough welbutrin and that its up to me to take the right dosage. I'm not sure what to call it, but she would make the facial expression equivalent of rolling her eyes at whatever new thing I had learned about like dissociative memory loss, or derealization.
What a waste of time.

Isaac Asimov fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Dec 25, 2011

• Locked thread