Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
I am just trying to clarify something. I am a OEF vet, no disability or anything, and I am about to voluntarily leave my civilian job in a month or so. As far as I can tell I am priority group 6. I was told I have 5 years to enroll in the VA and I have done so at my local VA clinic. I am a little confused. Is that 5 years of VA healthcare (with or without copays) or is it a 5 year window to enroll to get VA healthcare forever? I am looking to use VA healthcare as a backup while I am unemployed. The VA suggested that if I have coverage through my employer I should keep using it, probably as they are already being worked pretty hard as it is.

In addition, does the VA only cover service related stuff or any health care related issues?

Can anyone make sense of this for me, I called the VA and got very vague answers.

Mercury Ballistic fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
Cool, thanks for clearing that up. I guess I am good till 2014 then.

• Locked thread