Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TylerReksNEffect
Dec 24, 2005

HARD GAY

Busket_in_Posket posted:

REMEMBER, if the claimed disability is not
shown in your service medical records it DIDN'T happen. Exceptions to this
rule are conditions, which may not manifest until after military service is
complete. For example PTSD. In such cases, the veteran's service record
is requested to determine if his/her service was under such conditions,
that the present diagnosis can clearly be associated with military service.

I know you specifically mentioned PTSD, but would a much more minor thing, such as Tinnitus, count as a condition under this rule? I know it's really easy to prove that you developed it through working on the flightline.

EDIT: Also, I can say VA medical effing rules. I haven't gotten too terribly far into it yet, and my tune may change, but so far, I have had no worries at all, and it's pretty drat cheap. The paperwork and wait time can be a bitch, but I think it's worth it, especially since my employer doesn't provide me with insurance.

TylerReksNEffect fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread