Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
There's a Sabbat ending now? That was....unexpected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Dienes posted:

What is that uncut content or did those crazy modders splice some BS together?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

CatchrNdRy posted:

Pretty sure it's a splice. Basically you work for the Tzimisce. Mechanically, probably no different than than the Anarch ending where you have to slaughter the Kuei Jin and the Venture tower.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

OAquinas posted:

Pretty sure it's a splice. Basically you work for the Tzimisce. Mechanically, probably no different than than the Anarch ending where you have to slaughter the Kuei Jin and the Venture tower.

I have not been a fan any of the jammed together mods.

Other than bug fixes and restored content, I wish these obsessives would focus on the parts of Project Vaulderie that improved graphics, gameplay and sound effects. The plot should be left alone.

On that note, how would anyone fix the library quest? The Lasombra is just so hastily integrated. He's supposed to be this mysterious character that is constantly following you, but really he's just a blip once. I figure you could maybe have him mystically appear in some random alleys or when you are walking alone. then follow a trail of left clues to the library and he tries to recruit you or something. Happening upon a ritual and then being given an exposition isn't much of a quest.

CatchrNdRy fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 23, 2017

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

CatchrNdRy posted:

On that note, how would you fix the library quest?
Having the last part of the level not look like it's from some lovely forgotten action game from 1997 would be a decent start. An ok second step would be giving up and just removing the whole thing and forgetting it ever existed.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Nordick posted:

Having the last part of the level not look like it's from some lovely forgotten action game from 1997 would be a decent start. An ok second step would be giving up and just removing the whole thing and forgetting it ever existed.

Yeah, I guess since it was just placeholder voice acting, there isn't much lost. i would have preferred a regular entrance and secondary usage of the library rather than crawling through the city sewer.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Dienes posted:

Are the people that work on this just completely crazy? I don't think a sane person would devote 10+ years of their free time to polishing this old turd.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ZearothK posted:

Eh, Paradox has their in-house studio and a good working relationship with Obsidian. I am expecting more announcements to come in the near future, given the agreement with Focus and Cyanide I am kind of expecting the Old World of Darkness to become the next Warhammer brand with a bunch of licensed titles of varying quality coming out.

I'm still waiting for an Obsidian Mage game :circlefap:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Just play Bloodlines again with all the console cheats on :v:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

CommissarMega posted:

I'd like it if they did a Hunter game, like a non-apocalyptic New Vegas with Blade weapons hell yeah.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Light Gun Man posted:

I'd like it if they did a Hunter game, like a non-apocalyptic New Vegas with Blade weapons hell yeah.

They made one years ago and it was awful, so sadly that's pretty unlikely.

Witcher 3 meets GTA V would have been pretty awesome. :smith:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah, the Hunter game they made was a Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance-like that they made a good handful of in the early 2000's.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Hunter: The Reckoning is actually good

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Hunter: The Witchering: Vice City would be better, assuming a decent studio made it.

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.
I don't even know how you would make a Mage video game that modeled the way that magic is supposed to work in Ascension. That's even before one considers that the Ascension rules as written are one of the hottest of the White Wolf mechanics messes.

Gyrotica fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 23, 2017

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

And the setting itself is the most 90s.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Gyrotica posted:

I don't even know how you would make a Mage video game that modeled the way that magic is supposed to work in Ascension. That's even before one considers that the Ascension rules as written are one of the hottest of the White Wolf mechanics messes.

When V:TM 20th Anniversary Edition, and Werewolf 20th, there were some short notes about retconning the histories. Obviously, Gehenna/The Apocalypse didn't happen, or they did, but they were minor events, the Red Star was or wasn't all that important, Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand doesn't exist, and shush you, and so on.

When Mage 20th came out, there are tons of notes that 1st, 2nd, and Revised editions were all basically separate games with separate themes, separate conceits, and so on, and there's literally no way to reconcile them all.

Now, goddamnit, lets see HoL: 20th Anniversary Edition.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

ZearothK posted:

And the setting itself is the most 90s.

There's also a great part in Mage: 20th where they point out that you're probably sitting there on your couch, reading this in PDF format on your wireless high-def tablet, with built-in video chat, access to entire encyclopedias, and so on, which, when Mage was original written, would count as 'vulgar with witnesses.'

On one hand, yeah, the Virtual Adepts are basically '1990s: The Tradition'. On the other hand, Rift, PSVR.....

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

gently caress that gimme Wraith.

Wraith would also be super easy to make a video game out of and you could easily make it really drat compelling... hell just make part of the plot literally The Fugitive except you play Kimble's wife, and then get sucked into insane Shadowlands and Thousand Hell poo poo.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

If we're talking wishlist, just do the Orpheus metaplot as a team-based RPG.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Fuzz posted:

gently caress that gimme Wraith.

Wraith would also be super easy to make a video game out of and you could easily make it really drat compelling... hell just make part of the plot literally The Fugitive except you play Kimble's wife, and then get sucked into insane Shadowlands and Thousand Hell poo poo.

I cannot get enthusiastic about games where Angst is a literal stat, I'm sorry.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

CatchrNdRy posted:

Its part of the plus patch, apparently. I don't have any mods installed.

Its a splice, and it looks kinda bad. Basically: If you've been polite to Andrei and have a low humanity, there's a dialogue option to join the Sabbat at the Hallowbrook Hotel quest. The dialogue is really poorly done. If you join, he gives you an OP katana and you you take out Ming as usual. The cab driver exchange is the same as if you were backing Strauss. At the end is a mix of the gently caress Everyone and Ming ending: LaCroix fails to Dominate you and then begs for the key. Andrei teleports into the penthouse and calls LaCroix insignificant (if he's killed, its off-screen). Hard cut to the boat, which is exactly the same as the Ming ending except Andrei is pushing the sarcophagus into the ocean and you are not strapped to it.

Ghetto Prince posted:

Are the people that work on this just completely crazy? I don't think a sane person would devote 10+ years of their free time to polishing this old turd.

Apparently they heard a rumor that a Sabbat questline and ending were originally planned, but cut for time, so they added this ending out of nowhere. So...yes. Yes they are.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Fuzz posted:

Wesp's Fanpatch Main page (Ignore the Voerman patches, and it also has a few mods here)

Can we update this link in the OP with this new one:

https://forums.planetvampire.com/bloodlines-tech-support/

The page the OP link goes to only has up to patch 8.8 but the one I have is 9.7.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Dienes posted:

Its part of the plus patch, apparently. I don't have any mods installed.

Its a splice, and it looks kinda bad. Basically: If you've been polite to Andrei and have a low humanity, there's a dialogue option to join the Sabbat at the Hallowbrook Hotel quest. The dialogue is really poorly done. If you join, he gives you an OP katana and you you take out Ming as usual. The cab driver exchange is the same as if you were backing Strauss. At the end is a mix of the gently caress Everyone and Ming ending: LaCroix fails to Dominate you and then begs for the key. Andrei teleports into the penthouse and calls LaCroix insignificant (if he's killed, its off-screen). Hard cut to the boat, which is exactly the same as the Ming ending except Andrei is pushing the sarcophagus into the ocean and you are not strapped to it.

Apparently they heard a rumor that a Sabbat questline and ending were originally planned, but cut for time, so they added this ending out of nowhere. So...yes. Yes they are.

I suppose if one HAD to make a fan created Sabbat ending with existing material, it sounds OK. But it hardly seems worth watching a youtube ending let alone playing it. Thanks for the summary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgT3WwLZzFU

yeah its seems competently modded, but yeah suddenly Andrei goes from verbose and braggadico to 4 word answers. It is funny how they noted that in the dialogue.

CatchrNdRy fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 24, 2017

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I cannot get enthusiastic about games where Angst is a literal stat, I'm sorry.

Just rename it something like "Shadow Power" and you're fine.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

TheCenturion posted:

There's also a great part in Mage: 20th where they point out that you're probably sitting there on your couch, reading this in PDF format on your wireless high-def tablet, with built-in video chat, access to entire encyclopedias, and so on, which, when Mage was original written, would count as 'vulgar with witnesses.'

On one hand, yeah, the Virtual Adepts are basically '1990s: The Tradition'. On the other hand, Rift, PSVR.....

My take was always "the Technocracy won and it is actually kind of awesome."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Aleph Null posted:

My take was always "the Technocracy won and it is actually kind of awesome."

This is because the Technocracy are the good guys, especially after most of the ones who sucked got killed in a metaplot event. Which is also why the Seers of the Throne are the bad guys in NMage, because the Technocracy were too relatable to be good bad guys.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Man, all these years playing this and I never knew you could tell Damsel about Strauss. "That Magic Missile casting motherfucker"

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

DeathChicken posted:

Man, all these years playing this and I never knew you could tell Damsel about Strauss. "That Magic Missile casting motherfucker"

If memory serves, Clanbook Brujah actually calls the Tremere a bunch of D&D playing nerds.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

DeathChicken posted:

Ha I forgot about how funny that was. I really wanted to tell Straus more stuff about whats going on, but he probably one of the questgivers who would comment on stuff the least. Jack had the most things to say I think.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

CatchrNdRy posted:

Ha I forgot about how funny that was. I really wanted to tell Straus more stuff about whats going on, but he probably one of the questgivers who would comment on stuff the least. Jack had the most things to say I think.

Yeah, I kept going back to Straus trying to keep him updated, but even as a Tremere there's not much going on.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

CatchrNdRy posted:

Look, you pay for DiMaggio, you go whole friggen hog on the lines.

Plus, Jack's the hero of the story anyway.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Has this been mentioned here before?

It's an article from last August about wesp's Bloodlines patch.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/23/12458338/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-unofficial-patch-history

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

This is actually my first time bothering playing through as Nosferatu. I kind of dig how they get to bypass a bunch of quests just because no one wants to deal with the S&M goblin or otherwise will just faint or run away, leaving you be.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

You don't actually miss out on a ton, some stuff (particularly downtown) just doesn't go in the expected order.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Orange Sunshine posted:

Has this been mentioned here before?

It's an article from last August about wesp's Bloodlines patch.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/23/12458338/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-unofficial-patch-history

I've never heard of an analytical chemist but somehow it is exactly the job title I thought Wesp would have.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Saint Freak posted:

I've never heard of an analytical chemist but somehow it is exactly the job title I thought Wesp would have.

if you give them a thing they will tell you what elements and compounds are in the thing

my father has a ph.d. in analytical chemistry and describes his job as being a 'glorified plumber' (though he works with various kinds of chromatography and that's not the whole field)

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.

Saint Freak posted:

My same reaction. And a German one, at that.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Gyrotica posted:

My same reaction. And a German one, at that.

I assume he is like Grünfeld Bach and will go out anyone with a sniper rifle who opposes his moving of a lamp 5 pixels away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

So they've officially announced a Werewolf: Apocalypse videogame being made by Cyanide Studios.

https://twitter.com/wwpublishing/status/822388049094983681

I can't wait to beat up evil vaccine-pushers to save the children from wyrmtism.

• Locked thread