Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Save the children? Don't be absurd, there are too many of the children. Instead, you'll poison the vaccine to resolve the population crisis.

EDIT:
What a thing to start a new page on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

That's the ratkin solution.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Loomer posted:

Save the children? Don't be absurd, there are too many of the children. Instead, you'll poison the vaccine to resolve the population crisis.

EDIT:
What a thing to start a new page on.

we knew what we were getting into when we clicked this thread

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Are there any guides out there that break down stealth properly - how it works, how it doesn't work, what breaks it, which enemies can see through it and (most importantly) how it interacts with obfuscate?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Honestly, it's like a more forgiving Deus Ex in the stealth department. Either pump stealth or get obfuscate to 3 so you can crouch walk without issue. Other than that, just watch the meter and make sure it doesn't hit 100 when someone has LOS on you.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Xander77 posted:

Are there any guides out there that break down stealth properly - how it works, how it doesn't work, what breaks it, which enemies can see through it and (most importantly) how it interacts with obfuscate?

Do not bother using it on the werewolf.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Dienes posted:

Do not bother using it on the werewolf.
More along the lines of the Sabbath lair and any boss fights.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Stealth is based entirely on the number on top of the light gauge thing. If it's 100, someone looking at you will go into combat. Light just makes that number higher, the meter really shows how much of your visibility comes from light.

Obfuscate replaces stealth completely so if you're buying it then don't put any points in stealth.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
How well does stealth work if you max it out? I've never done that.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Almost Elder Scrolls-caliber plain sight sneaking

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Basic Chunnel posted:

Almost Elder Scrolls-caliber plain sight sneaking

No, maxed out stealth is actually more broken. Characters will be literally running into you, and won't be able to detect you.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

You asked for it, and these are the first World of Darkness games to come out from Paradox.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/565410/

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

ZearothK posted:

You asked for it, and these are the first World of Darkness games to come out from Paradox.

whut?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It's written by a guy who's apparently the Milo Yiannapoulos of RPG forums, sending death threats through his fans to tabletop devs he didn't like.

I'm kind of hoping at this point that, if Obsidian did get a WoD game inked, that Paradox is as disinterested a manager as Interplay was for Fallout / PS:T. Because everything that Paradox has revealed about what they're working on has been extremely bad.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ZearothK posted:

"Told entirely from a mobile messaging perspective, We Eat Blood is a sharp, mature and often terrifying story about your first nights as unwilling predator and prey".

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Basic Chunnel posted:

It's written by a guy who's apparently the Milo Yiannapoulos of RPG forums, sending death threats through his fans to tabletop devs he didn't like.

I'm kind of hoping at this point that, if Obsidian did get a WoD game inked, that Paradox is as disinterested a manager as Interplay was for Fallout / PS:T. Because everything that Paradox has revealed about what they're working on has been extremely bad.

Yeah, they literally hired not only a serial harasser, but they went for one who continues to target OPP staff. They've literally hired someone who stalks their own employees. All so they can make what appears to be a terrible mobile game pitching itself as TOO EDGY FOR YOU as hard as humanly possibly.

EDIT: To be fair this also lines up with Paradox bragging about hiring a literal child rapist as their editor for White Wolf.

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 16, 2017

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

ProfessorCirno posted:

EDIT: To be fair this also lines up with Paradox bragging about hiring a literal child rapist as their editor for White Wolf.

what

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Ed Kramer is a well known pedophile rapist.

That was Paradox White Wolf's first book.

They put his name front and center on all their advertisements for that re-release.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Basic Chunnel posted:

Yeah, he has a lot of victims, including some from here; a friend of mine from here had it so bad she and her family were getting threatening phone calls, even after she basically disappeared off the Internet.

He was also recently defending himself and this game on Reddit using a sockpuppet account that was pretending to be an RPG.net mod (who he hates because RPG.net, like most RPG forums, permabanned him for being horrible), up until he hosed up and posted from the wrong account, blowing his cover. Said sockpuppet has been around for about a year and has done almost nothing besides praise and defend him and his work.

Also one of the characters in this new Paradox game is a trans woman vampire who is a mind-controlling rapist and serial killer who will punish you if she doesn't like your politics (and also may give you a handjob or something), and is named after an actual trans woman game designer, probably because he hates her. And trans people in general; most of his victims are women and/or trans.

He's really, really terrible. So of course White Wolf put up a blog post defending him and denying that he's ever harassed anyone, even as some of his victims are being harassed right now for speaking up about this. And Paradox is basically saying "we have nothing to do with this and will do nothing about it", so both they and WW have lost my business, possibly permanently, because holy gently caress how hard is it to not hire abusive assholes when even Googling their name brings up multiple instances of their abuse?

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Feb 18, 2017

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hiring pedophiles and alt-right shitbags you say? Well, this cements that I'll never see another bloodlines game because I'm sure as gently caress not going to support that garbage.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boogle posted:

Hiring pedophiles and alt-right shitbags you say? Well, this cements that I'll never see another bloodlines game because I'm sure as gently caress not going to support that garbage.

Not to defend Zak, but he's not, technically, alt-right. His strategies and attitude and whatnot make him a perfect fit, and he was part of GamerGate for a while before saying he didn't support them even as he behaved exactly like a GGer and kept supporting them and whatnot, but he professes left-wing positions and pretends to be tolerant, sex-positive, and so on. Of course he also tries to destroy any woman or queer person who criticizes or opposes him, so it's all talk, but still, calling him "alt-right" probably isn't a good idea, if only because it'll let him and his defenders try to dismiss everything else you said for inaccurately characterizing him (not that they wouldn't do that anyway, but still) and confuse the issue for people who aren't familiar with him.

He's human garbage, just not that particular sort of human garbage, basically.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Came to this thread for vampires, found the monsters in the dark :smith:

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012
I found the Bloodlines reference.

Woo. :geno:

Edit: And another.

Adnachiel fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 18, 2017

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ProfessorCirno posted:

Yeah, they literally hired not only a serial harasser, but they went for one who continues to target OPP staff. They've literally hired someone who stalks their own employees. All so they can make what appears to be a terrible mobile game pitching itself as TOO EDGY FOR YOU as hard as humanly possibly.

Zak s has the dementate 3 ability to make people lose their loving minds.

Every now and then I go looking to try and understand why, but all I've ever seen is a farrago of links to badly formatted HE SAID THEN SHE SAID THEN HE SAID bloggy ranting.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Adnachiel posted:

I found the Bloodlines reference.

Woo. :geno:

Edit: And another.

This does not look like a game I want to spend money on.

Speaking as someone that paid $20 for a game from 2004.

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012

Dienes posted:

This does not look like a game I want to spend money on.

Speaking as someone that paid $20 for a game from 2004.

It isn't. The fact that one of the writers is a massive chode aside, it seems incredibly linear (you spend most of your time clicking through text and I'm not seeing a lot of branching. There are also a lot of times where a choice will just be wrong and kill you) and every single character is an unlikable idiot. The dialogue is like 75% bad attempts at sounding profound, witty, or "woke".

I only have it because I had enough Google Rewards credit and was curious as to how bad it got.

Adnachiel fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 19, 2017

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
What the gently caress is White Wolf doing.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
White Wolf

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

There has always been a sizable contingent of Garth Ennis edgelords who remember the worst excesses of old WW stuff (eco-fascist werewolf protagonists, creeper LARP, fetish gear for everyone, "baby versus dog") with intense passion. For several years, the company fitfully distanced itself from that image, all the way through to Onyx Path's largely excellent, now non-canon "Chronicles of Darkness" lines (the versioning terminology at WW is abysmal).

Paradox bought WW and put a guy who reveres the 90's stuff in charge of the division. You could plausibly call him a Marty Stu type - he added his own fan fiction to a reissue of 90's WW short fiction. The phrase "full-on rear end rape stiffness" was used, in pubic.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Basic Chunnel posted:

The phrase "full-on rear end rape stiffness" was used, in pubic.

Good one, Beavis

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I just bought this game on sale on GOG. I'm sure I made a good decision, but it'll probably be a bit before I play it as I'm already juggling enough games as it is.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Adnachiel posted:

The dialogue is like 75% bad attempts at sounding profound, witty, or "woke".

Seems pretty dead-on with how a lot of people talk to each other online. :v:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I just bought this game on sale on GOG. I'm sure I made a good decision, but it'll probably be a bit before I play it as I'm already juggling enough games as it is.

Make sure to get the unofficial patch and poo poo! First time playing?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Make sure to get the unofficial patch and poo poo! First time playing?

The GoG version already has the Unofficial Patch I believe.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
It has basic fixes from Wesp, but no Plus content. Might also lack histories and other "just missing" stuff.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Vampire: Bloodlines - Full-on rear end rape stiffness

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
White Wolf is literally DND with fedoras

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Regarding the Zak Smith thing, I did a bit of reading into him. After laughing like a 12 year old that he shares the name with an adult film star, I found a tumblr post by a trans dev who worked with Zak for a few years that was asked about how they felt regarding Zak being a transphobic. Their response (Since I'm too lazy to dig it up) amounted to "I worked with Zak for nearly five years; if he was transphobic, why would he willingly work in his version of a living hell and never say a thing?"

Not defending Zak (And I don't want to get into a discussion about him since all of the stuff about him amounts to a collection of he-said-she-saids that make it impossible to know who instigated what), but I figured that what his actual coworkers feel about him should be worth noting.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

GoneRampant posted:

Regarding the Zak Smith thing, I did a bit of reading into him. After laughing like a 12 year old that he shares the name with an adult film star,
I think he is that adult film actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

GoneRampant posted:

After laughing like a 12 year old that he shares the name with an adult film star

he is an adult film star

• Locked thread