Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I just finished playing this game for the first time ever earlier this week. Went through it as Tremere, and yeah, the whole blood purge thing is rather absurd.

Debating whether I should mess about with clan quest/camarilla edition type stuff before I do the mandatory (or so I'm told) Malkavian playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I bought this game on sale from D2D for like 7 bucks a few weeks ago.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
So, is the Camarilla Mod supposed to uglify the UI?

If so, or, for that matter, if not, how do I make it not look like this:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

CaptainPsyko posted:

So, is the Camarilla Mod supposed to uglify the UI?

If so, or, for that matter, if not, how do I make it not look like this:

Quoting this in hopes of an answer.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Mr E posted:

I had to reinstall to get rid of that, and it's not Camarilla, I think it's the Music mod UI as far as I can tell.

Yep! Thanks, Also, looking up some poo poo when I was reinstalling led me to this page, which, among other things, has links to screenshots of all the optional reskins that the clan quest mod offers to install, as opposed to the just some of them in the OP. Handy!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Is there something I'm missing to Thaumaturgy? Everyone says how awesome Tremere are, but so far every boss or tough enemy I've fought, I do more damage running up and punching them than I do plinking them with blood strike. It works well enough to take out minions, but I can make them just fall over dead anyway.

The 3rd level Thaumaturgy spell is an AE stun that does damage.

It works on most bosses.

Hit that, beat the poo poo out of them until it fades, rinse, and repeat.

Use Blood shield to absorb/ignore most damage, and you have a very overpowered discipline.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Do you mean the second level one that makes them puke, or is there a fan patch that changes things around? I'm just running the basic "fix things and work in Vista" fan patch. Level three is the shield, level four is the multi-blood strike, and five makes guys go pop, which I admit is pretty drat amusing but takes so long that it's not too practical. I could have sworn I tried the puking power on a few bosses, and it just did some nominal damage while they kept whomping on me.

Not to mention feeding. Slowly... slowly... slowly draining guys dry, especially if they're a "tough" guy with a lot of blood.

Yeah, I got level 2 and 3 backwards.

The blood-puke definitely works on a number of bosses, if not all of them.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Fuzz posted:

... people actually install Steam to their Program Files directory? For that matter, there are people that are on Windows that DON'T partition away the majority of their space so it's not on C: and C: remains the system drive with a minimum of poo poo on it?

Is this where I raise my hand?

In fairness, my C:/ drive is actually a small (100 gb) partition that exists only for a few games at a time on my MacBook Pro. Having two NTFS partitions seems silly and excessive on a machine that stays in Mac OS X 90% of the time.

On that note, has anyone tried running Bloodlines via Parallels or VMWare? I'm curious how it runs. It'd be nice to have another game that doesn't need a reboot.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Whoops, replied to the wrong thread, I am a dummy who had too many tabs open. :(

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
No.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Gyshall posted:

What is the latest bugfix/best patch for a vanilla playthrough? Still the Wesp patch? I'm OK with restored content if it was in the game files to begin with.

Yeah, get the WESP patch. Personally, I think the Plus patch is fine for a first playthrough as well (it restores a quest or two, rearranges some items to adjust the games power curve, etc.), but some will disagree there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Gobbeldygook posted:

How long is a full play-through of Vampire: Bloodlines? 30 hours?

I would like an exhaustive breakdown of how the story branches based on the player's decisions. I'm sure one exists, but can anyone recommend one? Text, picture, whatever.

30 hours sounds about right.

It doesn't really branch, so you don't really need anything like that.

• Locked thread