Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

At the end of last year I started a new job after not working for a while. I made less than $13k so I didn't file taxes for 2022. Today I remembered I had a job at the beginning of last year (I've had a lot of poo poo going on okay). The job didn't last and I kind of forgot about it. They did not send a W2. The amount I made last year likely pushes my income over the minimum amount to file so now what the gently caress do I do? Step 1, call the dipshits and get a W2. Step 2??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

I was on SDI for two months in 2023. I owe a bunch in taxes, is that because they weren't deducted from the disability payments?

Also around the time I was off/returning to work my employer forgot to pay me a bunch of money and I just received it. Would this count as 2023 income and if so, should I ask for a revised W2?

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

I didn't get any forms from disability and there wasn't anything on the tax return that included it. Unemployment is on there which I remember doing from COVID lockdown but not SDI.

It just seems pretty hosed up that I made 30K last year and owe $500. Maybe it's just this country that's hosed up and not my paperwork.

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

Okay I didn't get a 1099G. I'll have to go to EDD and request one, it's not available on my account so I wasn't sure if it would be the same. Thank you!

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

Small White Dragon posted:

Were you unemployed?

IIRC unless something has changed recently, CA SDI is only taxable if you were unemployed. If you were employed before and after, it's not taxable.

https://edd.ca.gov/en/disability/SDI_FAQ_for_1099G/

Hm, I wasn't unemployed. However, some specifics are different for state employees on SDI and some info on the benefit site is different from what I got when I entered the claim. CA is so, so bureaucratic.