Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seriously!
Jun 27, 2010

by angerbeet
In the year 2010, I took one class at a college (fall semester) costing me about $1100. I signed up for four spring classes but I did not attend.

I received a tax notice from the school (form 1098-t) early January saying that I was billed for $5500. This included the four spring classes I did not take and obviously did not pay for.

This tax year, students/their parents get about $2500 they paid in tuition reimbursed. I think my tax preparer used the information in this 1098-t to prepare my taxes.

Anyway, will this work itself out or do I have to tell him to redo my taxes and enter in the correct information?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU