Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

powermac
Jan 10, 2011

I GET NO SPAM
dvorakdotorgslashblog
Great thread.

I owe the IRS 2K, they just intercepted by State Tax Refund this year for the previously owed tax, approx $400 from my state refund.

I've been super busy, unable to even call them - is it too late? Are they after my car? Are they going to drain my bank account?

Kind of in a semi-panic right now.

I owe 2k this year, which is fine, but this other 2k that they're trying to collect is from 2008 (a client didnt send me a copy of my 1099, and I got hit a 2 years later)

I know I should just call - is that the best course of action? Are they gonna repo my car TOMORROW?

(I'm being semi-sarcastic) I don't know how much 2k is in the grand scheme of the IRS.

(well, it's now 1,600 because of my state refund)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

powermac
Jan 10, 2011

I GET NO SPAM
dvorakdotorgslashblog
What do they do when they levy a bank account?

powermac
Jan 10, 2011

I GET NO SPAM
dvorakdotorgslashblog
I got a certified letter, never picked it up. In between moving, and working at a startup. Ugh, I bet it was from the IRS. I wonder if it was just that they were going to intercept my tax refund.

Guess I'll call them tomorrow. Can't do it today.