Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

Insane Totoro posted:

I have a quick question.

I already submitted my 2010 tax return, but someone just mentioned the Making Work Pay Credit and having to fill out Schedule M. I remember taking some kind of similar credit in 2009. Did I just screw myself out of a potential $400 credit?

Is there any way that I can rectify this? Or was I ineligible anyway?

Depending on your income, you may be eligible for up to $400 credit from this one. Schedule M is how you would calculate the amount you get, which is carried forward to the "payments" section of your 1040 form if I remember correctly. You can always file an amended return to claim any credit you forgot in your original filing. I think you have up to three years to amend a return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU