Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

So E-Trade just sent me an amended 1099-DIV but I filed a month ago. Can I submit a claim to them for my cost to amend my return? The difference is like $7 I guess they forgot to include even though my 1099 from them was 2 weeks late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I have a tax document question: ETrade is telling my now that they're not going to send out their 1099s (DIV/INT) until Feb 15 when everything I can find says that they're required to send them by the end of January. Last year I didn't get them until almost the end of February and then they sent a correction in late March.

Is there anything I can do (besides switching brokers and I'm working on that)?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Lame. Oh well, March is a 3-paycheck month for me so I'll just have that month be a really big spike on my Mint graph.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I posted this in the chat thread but this is probably a better place:

Does anyone have ideas on where to get started as far as finding a decent tax advisor/CPA? I've managed my own money OK until now but hosed up my taxes for the first time ever this year thanks to having to file in multiple states and it's been a nightmare. I'd like someone to talk to this year so I can maximize my charity and nieces' 529 contributions, and preferably local [I live in San Francisco]. What kinds of ballpark fees should I be looking at for the advice and if I have them do my taxes? My situation isn't super complex just beyond my limited ability to manage.