Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

bird with big dick posted:

The dude I’m suing’s (for personal injury) lawyer seems to have overshared (a la Alex Jones) his tax documents which has seemed to reveal that he hasn’t paid a single cent in federal income tax in at least a decade. 8 out of the last 10 years were net losses and in the two that weren’t, carry over losses were used to offset any income.

I think he’s mostly doing it via depreciating assets he doesn’t have and huge numbers for maintenance and repairs that I bet have dodgy receipts.

Dude is just a shitbag.

Doesn't the IRS give a finders fee for fraud tips that pan out?? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

This question is from pure curiosity, thinking back to the "covid cash" days early in the pandemic.

Here's the story:
In early 2019 my ex-husband and I filed a joint return for 2018, with him as the primary tax filer. We were divorced by November 2019.

In 2020, I filed my 2019 taxes as a single return very early, while my ex procrastinated almost as much as he could.

This meant that the in the first phase of stimulus payments I received $1200 on the basis of my single 2019 tax-year filing, and he received $2400 on the basis of the last recorded return for his SSN, the MFJ from 2018.

We were already in very limited contact and I haven't heard from him in years. Would the IRS ever have come after him for getting that extra $1200? (I hope not, but none of this feels like it ever was my problem)