Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I run a small LLC/S-Corp business in which my wife and I are equal "partners" in it.

I have been paying myself through payroll so I get the correct taxes taken out etc. but I am not sure if I am doing anything with the business optimally.

I have been "operating" since November 2009, and have not filed any type of taxes this year other than my 940/941 forms.

I have no clue what type of federal tax to file or how to set it up. I'm fine with having a CPA do it, but the two that I've spoken with really don't care to give me the time of day or offer any actual business advice since I'm small and didn't actually start making any decent money until late this year.

What are my options to pay myself? I've seen things like basic salaried payroll (which I do now), owners draw, and other options and have no clue what would be best for my position and business.

Any advice or any more information you guys need just let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

entris posted:

What type of business is it? Do you have employees that you manage? Do you produce goods or services? Does your business make use of any capital assets?

I'm assuming you are an S - Corp and not an LLC- they aren't the same.

It is a service based business in which I personally train athletes. I currently have two interns who I will hire on as part time employees once I figure out all the tax stuff.

As far as capital assets, I'm not quite sure what those are. If those would be things like the equipment, weights, barbells, etc, that I purchased to train my athletes with then yes.

Yes S-Corp my bad.