Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
Question:

I got sent a 1099-G from Uncle Sam because I was on unemployment for some of 2009 and through the first week of February 2010.

In the right hand corner of the 1099-G box it says 2009, and all the instructional text on the sheet refers to 2009.

As I noted, I was only on unemployment for a month and a week of 2010, but the dollar amount in box 1 on the form takes into account all of 2009 and 2010.

Should I declare this? Should I not worry about it? Should I only declare the amount I made in 2010? (Although I have no idea how I would calculate that.)

Xarthor fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, this is a super n00b question and I apologize in advance but this is the first time filing taxes for me as a small business.

I sell/restore vintage furniture.
Let's say I use my car to drive to store X to buy a vintage piece for my business. Obviously I can claim the mileage for that trip.
My question is, can I also claim the mileage BACK to my storage unit since I'm still using the car and mileage for business purposes? It seems to me like it would be a no-brainer that I could, but just want to make sure. Starting to put together all my receipts right now.