Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
This might be stupid, but this is my first time filing.

All my income comes from 1099-MISC. Total it comes to about $8,000 from all the forms I've got. A friend was telling me that I wouldn't have to pay the $2500 or so that I'm expecting because it's a such a small amount and I have no other income. Any truth to this or should I just expect to shell out the 1/3 of the $8,000?

No. 9 fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Apr 14, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Consider me extremely ignorant. Here's my situation: I've been paying back taxes on last year in installments. I should nearly be caught up but I don't have anyway of knowing. Getting through to the IRS on the phone has proven difficult. Right now they take out what amount I could pay monthyl that I originally filed the form I filed months ago. I got an acceptance letter that it was sufficient and that was the last I heard of it.

To ameliorate this for both me and the IRS:

Do they have an online system where I can make payments and check my outstanding balance?

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich

AbbiTheDog posted:

They also mail monthly statements. Have you moved recently?

Yeah, I've moved around considerably. I think I got one like 11 months ago. Nothing quicker than requesting a form?

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'm paying a little bit of my taxes in installments from last year, I have it currently set up to just directly withdraw from my checking account at the end of the month. Is it possible to switch to EFTPS (pay online whenever) instead at this point? I like the EFTPS set up much more and already have an account -- it's just not usable with the taxes I owe from last year. Figured it would be better asking here than waiting forever on the phone with the IRS. Thanks :cheers:

I meant if it were possible to change or if you're stuck in one system or another...

No. 9 fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 20, 2015