Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuja
Jan 29, 2006
Alright, before anyone starts in on me, I know I'm a loving idiot. With that said, here's what I need a bit of help with. I'm 19, claim myself, yet have shared a bank account with my mother for the past year and a half(We started it when I was still a minor). My girlfriend and I split the bills 50/50 with her, buy our own food, basically just renting out my room.

I was ecstatic to be receiving an $831 federal, and a $336 state(KS) refund. I don't use checks, am currently without a debit card, and our online banking had not been set up at the time, so I had no way to grab my bank account/routing number. I give my mother a call, and she points me in the direction of her checkbooks. All goes fine, blah blah.

My state refund was issued March 3rd(5-7 days turnaround). My federal refund was issued March 11th(Should have been here by March 16th). I had a sneaking suspicion that something had gone terribly wrong, and my fears were confirmed after a bit of searching around. When my mother had pointed me towards her checkbooks, she neglected to tell me that they were ALL from her old, closed account(same bank), and the only checkbook from our current account had been on her person at the time.

The rest is easy to figure out. I was banking on that refund for the bills, as I had other expenses my actual income had to go to(Car, Insurance, Food, Phone, etc). I know that because the account in question is closed, the IRS will just mail a paper check which will take about 10 weeks to come in. For reference, I e-filed through H&R block.

With that out of the way, my question is: Is there any way for me to fix this? Is it possible to call and have the IRS switch my routing/banking account numbers, or am I just hosed?

Apologies for the long-winded, frazzled post. I'm a bit stressed out, and as you can see from the time, without sleep. Thank you in advance.

PS: The first thing on my to do list after getting this figured out? Get my own bank account.

Nuja fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU