Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.
If you love trains and want to keep some of the old girls alive take a look at this..

http://www.galvestonrrmuseum.com/

I was there for a little vacation in January and they were still closed from the IKE hurricane a few years ago. Looks like they are just starting to open and almost have the grants and such to repair the damage that happened.

Visiing that museum was one of the things I wanted to do while there so it was kind of disapointing.

I wish I had taken some pictures from outside the fence but from the rust lines you could see how high the water was. Not to take away from the hardship imposed on people but it was hard seeing such historic iron in that bad of shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

Gorilla Salad posted:

Another kind of railroad, courtesy of EnglishRussia.com

What is this thing? It looks like a building or a boat, not a train.

Doesn't even pause, but goes straight in!

I could love Russia for no other reason than their absolutely insane engineering projects.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

jamal posted:

Also here is a train I saw about a week ago:

http://www.nmrailrunner.com/

It's a decent piece of public transportation for central NM.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
Okay I know it is odd doing a picture request in here but thought I would give it a try after my harddrive crapped out on me.

I had a picture of an old steam engine, facing head on coming towards the viewer, surrounded by trees/forest. It was great for a vertical monitor because it showed the full head of steam/smoke and was taller than it was wide. I thought I had gotten it from this thread and I am working my way through it now. Just wondering if anyone might have it saved out there.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

Yes, thank you!