Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

SouthLAnd posted:

Oh man, I absolutely love watching videos of diesel locomotives starting up.
GP30 Startup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQSRzXk_sJA
GM "E" 567 (The guy speaking in this vid seems cool as gently caress)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNR8dYzeCkc

We have a lot of rail in the Detroit area, and it doesn't bother me one bit. I find the sound of the train horns at night really relaxing.

I used to live across the street from the railroad tracks when I went to U of M, I loved the big freight trains that came by late at night, brakes screeching. Also train horns in the distance, a fond memory of childhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

MrYenko posted:

I believe Reagan and Bush were the last ones to use trains for anything significant while
in office, which is part of why the train is a thing in the first place.

Clinton did a rail tour as part of the reelection campaign. I know because we walked from our gradeschool to the nearby stop to hear a meaningless stump speech.

Edit: or maybe it was for the Gore campaign, but it was definitely Bill who did the talking

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Pretty sure they'll just take the body off the scaffolding and drop it strait into the pit.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Still happens in Fort Collins, too.