Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH

Sash! posted:

Frankly, I think that guy displayed a remarkable amount of restraint in his profanity and screaming.

When the train tooted its horn :kiddo:

There's a brewery at the rail yard in my Dad's hometown, where my fiancée and I were having a drink after casing some wedding vendors. I joked that if the family farm didn't work out, we could always get married at the historical society (which is in the train station)- maybe we could invite the train to come!

I then explained that I was just kidding, we aren't going to invite the Amtrak to our wedding. She nodded and remarked that "most people don't anthropomorphize trains" and "if we knew what we know now when you were a kid, you would have been tested" and handed me my beer. A keeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Pendragon posted:

Welcome to diesel! Electrification costs money, and the rail lines are already on threadbare budgets due to the drop in traffic since COVID.

You might be thinking, “Why didn’t they electrify with the rest of the world in the 1970s”, and my answer to that is gently caress you that’s why.

Real answer is rail hasn’t been prioritized for state and federal budgets since the national highways were built, so “bare minimum spending” is the standard.

In college I lived in an apartment that backed onto the MBTA tracks. You get used to it (I shouldn't have, I was in goddamn music school but I also hung out with the death/sludge metal kids sooooooooo not making great long-term choices).

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

KozmoNaut posted:

Switzerland has far too many trains and harsh traffic law enforcement.

Bavaria is more like the Texas of Europe.

Staunchly conservative, cars rule everything, constant saber rattling about wanting to secede.

And everything's bigger in Bavaria, including the people.

It's Austria. Sure, you used to be a big deal, now you're just a liability to everybody else.