Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emf
Aug 1, 2002

bisticles posted:

also:

FRA FACTUAL RAILROAD ACCIDENT REPORT posted:

Train #1's engineer received a flashing intermediate yellow over red aspect at milepost 1027.2, indicating he should “proceed prepared to pass next signal not exceeding 40 mph and be prepared to enter diverging route at prescribed speed” ... Train #1's speed was a constant 44 mph in throttle 2 from at least milepost 1028 ... milepost 1026.3, Train #1 received a solid yellow over red aspect, indicating “proceed prepared to stop at next signal; trains exceeding 30 mph immediately reduce to that speed” ... milepost 1026.4, at a speed of 44 mph, a distance of 7,716 feet prior to impact ... 4,059 feet prior to impact, speed was 43 mph, and the throttle raised from throttle 1 to throttle 2 position ... At 3,413 feet prior to impact, the locomotive was momentarily dropped to throttle 1 and returned to throttle 2; speed approximately 43 mph. At 1,059 feet prior to impact, the engineer placed the train into emergency
The conductor of the eastbound train’s use of cocaine may have contributed to the cause of the accident. However, the toxicological results do not allow a conclusion concerning either possible impairment or when the drug was taken. The blood contains only the inactive metabolite, benzoylecgonine, which is not normally associated with impairment. Neither impairment nor time of exposure to the drug can be derived from urine results.
Wait a minute. I've heard this song before.

Grateful Dead posted:

Drivin' that train, high on cocaine.
Casey Jones is ready, watch your speed.
Train hundred and two is on the wrong track and headed for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emf
Aug 1, 2002

Cat Terrist posted:

So did he stop and look? Obviously not else he would be alive today.
Why don't they look, Ralf? Tell me. Why don't they look? :smith:

emf
Aug 1, 2002

jamal posted:

Guess I'll break up all the train crash news with pictures of this big rear end bridge:

VC hi-line rep-ruh-zent

Only registered members can see post attachments!

emf
Aug 1, 2002

I won't bother with the real map ... it's too pathetic to even show.

Full size here

Only registered members can see post attachments!