Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

lilbeefer posted:

I have my final on track assessment in the next couple of weeks. No dramas so far, except isolating doors that fail because drunk idiots hold them open.

Last week I was taking an empty back to our northern depot and was coasting through the second to last (dead/closed/dark) station at about 90 when I saw movement between the pillars. Someone running to towards the platform. I couldnt do anything but whistle. By the time it sounded, the shadow revealed itself to be some dumb girl taking a selfie with my train on her phone on the wrong side of the yellow line. She loving shat her self when she heard the horn, but to be fair so did I.

Not as much as I am making GBS threads myself about fault finding in front of an assessor...

Just remember to swap out the red disk for the yellow one.

My trainee is doing his fault finding assessment today... He'll be fine.

If it's any consolation, it's possible I'll be doing assessments on your class, and I'm (slightly) making GBS threads myself about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

lilbeefer posted:

Yeh fault and shed was easy. Mainline I have very soon and I am terrified.

Edit: Lol it just clicked

G'day Track Machine

Track Machine? My initials aren't IDV! :haw:

Small world though.

My trainee's assessment is on Monday, and his assessor is... Not my biggest fan. He's not really *any* female driver's biggest fan, and I actually have a suspicion he booked off to avoid taking over from me when I was DC the other day.

Ah well, you'll be fine, and so will my trainee. No matter who you have, you're really just doing what you've already been doing, and they haven't spent all this time and effort for you to not get through it.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

lilbeefer posted:

Small world indeed. I should have figured though after chatting with you during training :classiclol:

Im concerned about my assessor, more than I am my driving and knowledge....

I start my 3 days tomorrow

So next time you see me, obviously you have to ask me if I have stairs in my house.

Goddamn '04s. :regd04:

(Saying both of these things again makes me feel extremely old.)

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Raluek posted:

wtf, how is it possible that a politician not only did what they promised they'd do in an election campaign, which meant spending money, on transit infrastructure, and not only that but they expanded the project and did more than they said they'd do? ???? that's not how politics works. why are they trying to actually help people?

We have the same thing going on over the other side of the country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metronet_(Western_Australia)

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

drunkill posted:

Z3.118 and Z3.188 cross at La Trobe and Swanston Streets, City

Z3.188 is the tram I did my Z class driving qualification on many years ago.