Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Godholio posted:

How would you even get it there?
Drive it?

But no, you wouldn't want to take a highrail on train co owned track. It would be as fun as hell but the train cops would probably not be terribly understanding.

Dad has a hoghead on Canadian National for about 35 years, just retired a couple years back. I've been on my share of freight trains and it's a lot of fun, but god drat it can be boring on bad track with a speed limit of 10-15MPH for 20 miles or so. The alerter also drove me bonkers, but I guess that's the idea though.
To contribute:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Nerobro posted:

I just ride as a passenger. I'm yet to be on a train that has hit someone. But I've had my day ruined no less than eight times by people being stupid.

Dad had guy trying to beat the train at a level crossing years ago. The guy lost the race and paid the ultimate price. He still has nightmares about it every now and then. :(