Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

bigbillystyle posted:

A group of women that all get along with each other? I call bullshit on that. We have 2 regular women in one of the pickups I play in and even when they say hello to each other it sounds catty.

Maybe it's because drat near 50% of our crew are lesbians idk?

Playing with all women really is kind of a different atmosphere anyway. I mean, during games everyone's wicked competitive but afterwards we all hang out together and have fun. This happens in SOME beer leagues that I've seen too but more often the dudes are bitchier than any girls I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

sellouts posted:

This is likely the most intelligent thing ever said in this thread

Just play with your friends and then when they turn into idiots kick them out of being your friend and the team

what if the idiot is coming from inside of you

(get it!!)

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Leaving for CAHA tournament in San Jose tonight. Anyone else going?

Not this year.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

Look Around You posted:

I guess I have a follow up question on how do you deal with someone who is that paranoid about/fixated on their precious ice time to the point where they're breaking up what the rest of the team was going to do. It's really getting to the point where that person is making me just not want to even show up with how controlling his is and lovely he is because ~equal time!~. It doesn't help that he can barely skate at all and in reality probably shouldn't even be playing at this level to begin with. I have no problems with people less skilled or still learning or whatever (it's a D league, so basically pretty experienced beginners; he's by far the least skilled person on the team in terms of even skating), but the dramatic lack of any ability to skate or even see what's going on during the game combined with the ridiculous attitude of demanding that everyone rotate because he ~PAID THE SAME AMOUNT~ and can't be an adult and say "hey don't take 6 minute shifts, there's two other guys waiting on you"

Don't play on teams with big baby shitlords perhaps?

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
Yeah just play, you'll be fine. Get enough sleep, that's the most important thing.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
http://www.propuck.com/hockey_equipment/iceguy.html

That one is my favorite.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
better ask the guys in toronto for a review or you won't get your performance bonus

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
Yeah I'd show up around 7:35 just because you sent that tbh.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
lol why would anyone just want to roll one in one out in an organized game anyway?

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

19 o'clock posted:

Every team needs it's criminal element, I suppose.

I'm working on next season's sponsorship. Here in Colorado we've gone full hippy and legalized weed. If I can get a joint sponsorship between our local pot shop and Chinese restaurant I can die happy. I want a jersey with a no joke giant pot leaf on it.

I see what u did thur

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
I used to do 3/8" when I skated more and now am good at 7/16".

1/2" feels like butterknives to me.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

Verman posted:

Hop the boards to get on, use the door when getting off.

This is what I do now. When I was younger and gave more of a gently caress I would use the boards both ways but well being really short means I have to take a good leap to get over the boards from the outside.

Also clearly you guys who don't know your hollows didn't spend enough time annoying the zam drivers and pro shop owners as kids. :colbert:

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
Haha I broke my ankle playing inline hockey on Saturday and I have to have surgery next week. :haw:

Cautionary tale: Don't try to play in an iron(wo)man tournament with one contact lens in and way out of condition after your clinical year of vet school. It ends poorly.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
Yeah I have this dumb loyalty thing going on that will probably gently caress me over someday, can't say I wasn't at least SORT OF hoping that the clinic in Long Island would say it wasn't okay for me to show up a couple weeks late so I could switch. But oh well!

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
I will play on the next goon tournament team after my ankle recovery is over as long as I can get time off.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
Hi guys I'm still broken and it still sucks.

Speaking of things that suck I also live on Long Island now and work 100 hour weeks on a broken ankle for less than minimum wage when it's broken down to hourly.

follow ur dreams

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

bgreman posted:

I want to add myself but it looks like the backing sheet for a Google Form. Anyone got the link?

Edit: Did some detective work: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDJsWnlTUG5xM2trTmtFai1DQ1pHN1E6MQ

I need to change my info who maintains this and can change it so I am not added twice????

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

No, people hate them because they look loving stupid awesome.

:cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

It's the lowest at our rink.

lol some tryhards on one of those teams were on the team that tried to get in fights at one of our 3v3 fundraisers