Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
It's been forever since I've played hockey, and I've really missed it. I've daydreamed about joining a local adult league more than a few times in recent years, but it's always felt like too much :effort: to get back in shape, buy new gear, etc. Plus, SoCal doesn't have the same hockey culture that I was used to back in Boston.

But, seeing this thread brought my enthusiasm back. :dance:

The gf thinks it'll be fun for me to get back into, though we'll see what she thinks of it once I start coming home smelling like hockey.

Anybody have recommendations for good proshops in the Los Angeles area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

SoCal Goons posted:

Hockey poo poo!

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll have to make some trips to check things out. I'm inland enough that those are more than a quick trip across the street, but it's not a bad trip by any means.

Also, I had no idea there were so many SoCal hockey goons on here. We should have a SoCal hockey-goon meetup at some point- take over a rink's scrimmage night or something. Though I'd vote for that happening *after* I've put in enough ice time to make sure I won't embarrass the hell out of myself for being old and out of shape.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Internet Victory posted:

Just bought a new jock today. My old one had no elastic or waist lace and kept falling down and today at open hockey I took a rocket slapper right to the dick. I don't know why I try to screen the goalie in open hockey, but yay new equipment!

SAS Hockey Player Thread: Take a Rocket Slapper Right to the Dick

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

Wolfy posted:

Does anyone play in the Inland Empire in southern California and have an opinion on which of our three rinks has the best clinics/whatever for new players? I played about 10 years ago but I was a goalie so..I don't really know too much about skating or puck handling. So consider me a player with no experience.

Once I'm over this pneumonia and my lungs have healed, I'm getting back into hockey as well. Looking over the area, I'm probably going to spend the most time at Ontario Center Ice until I move closer to L.A.