Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl
I don't play hockey very often because there's nobody in my area that plays (smalltown Ohio) but I'm a member of a hockey forum that has an annual meet-up roller game, so I bought a used pair of skates online.

The problem is that I wear a 13 shoe, and finding skates that fit was hard as hell. I ended up with a used pair of 12D Missions, but they still seem too small. When I skate for any length of time, my arches throb and it hurts to walk when I take the skates off. Any idea what could be causing that?

It usually helps a little if I wrap my instep and arches with tape before I start skating, but then as soon as I take the tape off, it hurts to walk again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl
Getting hit in the nuts:

Pros: No kids
Cons: Hurts like a bitch

Sounds like a wash to me.

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

coldwind posted:

He ends up getting so pissed that he insults the ref in a rather nasty way

He called him a cocksucker, didn't he? Umps Refs hate being called cocksuckers.

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Acethomas posted:

Anyone know of good inexpensive roller skates? It seems like the prices are pretty high right now and the used market here in LA is pretty tiny, I had no problem getting great ice stuff used but cannot find any roller skates, it's weird.

I'd look at ebay and craigslist. I found a solid pair of Mission Proto VI a couple years ago for $50. YMMV, but if you've got a normal sized foot, you can get skates even cheaper. I had to settle for half a size too small and I still only had five pairs to choose from. Stupid size 12 feet.