Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poser
Jun 9, 2002

Are they booing the power play?

I was saying Boo-urns!

Topoisomerase posted:

Wait is this guy on your team?

Yes, but its not Chemmy or ItalicSquirrel

D C posted:

Stuff him on a wing and forget about it.

Topoisomerase posted:

Agree. He can concentrate on being a sweet sniper or whatever the gently caress he wants better from the wing anyway.

This makes sense

Dangerllama posted:

Directly responsible? Have you guys thought about getting a goalie?

He turns it over a lot right in front of our net and plays out of position.. So he either passes it directly to the shooter and is out of position and leaves someone open in the slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poser
Jun 9, 2002

I was saying Boo-urns!
My team has a hard time getting 10 skaters to show up.. Then we get a game where the Sharks play and suddenly everyone is available !

poser
Jun 9, 2002

I was saying Boo-urns!
I have missed so much hockey the last year dealing with a sick family member. I need to start skating more:smith:

poser
Jun 9, 2002

I was saying Boo-urns!
So I found out that the goalie that constantly hacks at me + crosschecks me from behind doesn't like me poking at the puck before the whistle blows and I should go play down where I belong.

poser
Jun 9, 2002

I was saying Boo-urns!

Pinky Artichoke posted:

Bay area hockey goons, where do you get your skates sharpened?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/san-jose-skate-sharpening-and-profiling-san-jose

poser
Jun 9, 2002

I was saying Boo-urns!
I have decided my favorite beer league player is this guy..

"I'm gonna slash you 10 times in a row, but if you retaliate...you are a loving "psycho goon" and I'm going to "kill you" if you do that again"

Those guys are the best

poser
Jun 9, 2002

I was saying Boo-urns!
Our league now has live iCal updates.. they even send lockeroom assignments to your calendar.

poser
Jun 9, 2002

I was saying Boo-urns!
We are getting near the end of the season and that means one thing.. Prostock sales. Who plans on going and for what teams? If we could build some sort of "wishlist" and try to help each other out that would be rad.

poser
Jun 9, 2002

I was saying Boo-urns!
I like playing hockey but I'm starting to get burned on beer league hockey players.

poser
Jun 9, 2002

I was saying Boo-urns!
My team picked up a complete psychopath and had done some super lovely things over the season... I have some further "evidence " that should get him kicked out of the league. Is it a "dick" move to bring to league director?

poser fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 10, 2015

poser
Jun 9, 2002

I was saying Boo-urns!

prom candy posted:

what kind of "lovely" things has he "done"

Suspended 3 times for majors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poser
Jun 9, 2002

I was saying Boo-urns!

CMvan46 posted:

That really depends what the majors are for. In the leagues out here body checking, high sticking causing a cut is a major, fighting is a game suspension...

So I mean any of those things, even 3 times isn't enough to be banned from any league around here.

The biggest league out here I referred for and quit because I had a guy threaten to punch my teeth in and kill me in the parking lot. He was an old coach who never liked me much and tried to screw me from making a team the next year. Anyway he was allowed back in the league after a year because he threatened to move his team to a competing league. He has had more major penalties than anybody in the league and has been suspended numerous times a year. To these leagues money matters more than player safety and that's just how it is.

His board last night would have gotten him in trouble in a checking league. It was done with intent to injure.