Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Thufir posted:

I've mentioned this before but pretty much every time I fall playing I end up landing on the bony part of my upper thigh (I believe it's the trochanter technically) and it ends up hurting like gently caress for days. My Vapor X20 pants have really lovely thigh protection, just some hard plastic and like 2mm of soft foam. Do you guys have input on what $100ish ice pants have the best thigh protection? Stores around here have poo poo in stock but what I've seen so far is:

Reebok 9k: seems pretty good
Bauer Vapor X60: Seems really good but out of my price range, are the X:40s similar?
Easton S13: not so good.

Alternately, has anyone tried the Shock Doctor padded compression shorts?

I got my Tacklas in 1995 and to this day they have no noticable issues of any sort; one tiny cut in the nylon, everything else on them is good to go. High quality pants are literally bulletproof (maybe, they use quality ballistic nylon), and they don't get much wear even with heavy use. As such they're a great thing to buy used, and pro stock quality pants are pretty easy to find. If you want to buy new, good quality ones will last forever.

That said, if you're landing on your hip and there isn't padding there then your pants aren't protecting you properly (even cheap pants should do this at a minimum). Are you sure that they're sized correctly? There should be some padding on every bony part of your midsection; you might want to check that they're up high enough and are the right size.

sellouts posted:

I've had my Tackla 9000s for over 10 years now and I've never had any problem with taking falls in adult league or getting leveled in full contact hockey. They've always been my favorite part of my gear along with my gloves.

I'm fully of the belief that you spend the money once on a good product and it'll last you as many beer league seasons as you want. I'm sure people will disagree though.

whats up antique tackla pants buddy :hfive:

Also yesterday the team we played featured a pretty solid NHL prospect on D; he was really impressive. His vision of the ice was amazing and he was making all kinds of ridiculous passes to spring his speedy teammates by our very, very slow and old defensemen. I was tasked with trying to deal with him; defending him on the point was pretty rough...he beat me badly once off the point on the PP, walked in and sniped a corner, but I did get a poke off of him later on and got a shorty out of it. Forechecking him was a waste of time but I tried it a few times anyway. I don't think he was trying very hard but I sure was.

I also inadvertently put my shoulder straight into the noggin of a dude, he was doing a spinorama or some crap and I went a direction that he was not expecting and thus his head ran straight into my shoulder. He was a little dizzy but was ok; if I'd been wearing shoulder pads it could have been ugly. I didn't get penalized for it (rightly so, it was totally accidental) but I bet it would have looked pretty bad slowed down 20 times and the NHL would have suspended me for it. :(

bewbies fucked around with this message at 15:15 on May 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Do you guys not have the "if a guy makes an effort to block your shot you don't take it" unwritten rule? That's always been around in my beer leagues.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Pro stock sticks generally use a higher percentage of carbon fiber and less fiberglass than even top of the line retail versions, which makes them lighter and less durable at the same time. In fact, that relationship tends to go all the way down the line, the cheaper the stick, the more durable it tends to be (as it uses more fiberglass and/or wood on the really cheap ones).

Also I have decided to give the Combat 52 caliber a try, people really seem to love it even over the most expensive stuff out there.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

EazyBreezy posted:

Big hockey fan but never played growing up so I have always wondered this...do the coaches call for what line they want next or how is it done? And what is an "ideal" shift length?

Usually different coaches will handle offensive lines and D pairings, sometimes the head coach will do his forward lines, sometimes he'll delegate it. The coach will call out which line is up next (maybe by number, by who the center is, by nickname, whatever), and then that line is ready to go as the line on the ice comes off. Generally the guys on the ice have discretion on when they come off; sometimes there will be a designated "last guy off" (usually the best defensive player on the line) who won't leave until the other two are changed up (so that the team doesn't wind up with an odd man rush). Typically forwards need to wait until the team gets possession and gets it deep in the o-zone before they change on the fly.

Defensemen are pretty much the same, coach will tell you what pair he wants and then you're on your own to make the change when appropriate. Defensemen can change anytime the puck is up the ice.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
That is a hell of a price for those EQ5s, they were $550 or so a few months ago.

They're listed as "no refund no exchange" so you're taking quite a risk buying off of the internet but on the other hand you might be saving $200+. Tough call.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Welp, raided the Hockeymonkey clearance rack today. I've been needing new gloves and elbow pads for a while now.

Nike Bauer Pro Lightspeed elbow pads; they were $85 or so when they came out, they're selling now for $50 and they had my size which is rare for clearance stuff (as I am normal sized in every way). Also lol Nike Bauer, in 10 years I'll be telling young whippersnappers about this strange failed marriage just like now I tell them that there used to be a company called "Cooper".

Also got One95 gloves for a whopping $84. It was around $230-240 worth of gear (2 years ago) for $145 shipped. :coal:

They also have a super deal going on right now with Eagle gloves, 30% off a ton of clearance stuff. I didn't find anything I wanted but there is some quality crap in there if you need gloves.

If you need shinguards, they have the RBK 10k shinguard going for $80 with some normal sizes available (14" and 16"), you won't find a better shinguard anywhere, let alone for that price. If I needed to replace my old Centurions I'd be all over it, I almost did anyway just because.

Finally the Easton S17 skates are in a sweet spot right now, they're literally half price and there are still plenty of normal sizes out there, they're worth looking at if you need new skates.

This concludes info gathered from the last 4 hours of browsing hockey gear sites.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Lawnie posted:

Ohh god here it is. Have a look-see and tell me how to improve everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngX9Fye3ujs

At like 1:10 of this thing Kovalev does exactly what you're doing: you're scooping it to get it of the ground, more of a flip than a shot.

Also for the guys looking for longer sticks, this might be an option for you. I saw a tall guy using this last time I skated and he swore by it.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I grew up using one of those Mylec "Air-flo" sticks and plastic pucks on my parents' driveway. That Air-flo technology turned me into the the world class shooter I am today.

(actually something that I think made me a lot better was using real pucks and an old stick with a street hockey blade on it. You really had to put some muscle on it to get any zip on a rubber puck coming off of concrete)

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
CURSES

quote:

Hello,

Thank you for your order with HockeyMonkey.com. Unfortunately we have sold out of the following item(s) on the order:

*Bauer Supreme One95 Sr. Hockey Gloves 14in. Black

Other options available:

*same gloves in 15in
*same gloves in 14in royal/gold or blue/red/white
*one75 14in bct - 20% off
*one60 14in black, navy, red - 10% off
*stealth s6 14in maroon - 15% off
*bauer 4roll pro 14in maroon - 15% off, sick glove
*one80 14in maroon - 15% off

Please let us know how you would like to proceed. In the meantime your order will be placed on hold.

Thank you,

Stella T.

I've been laughing at "sick glove" since I got this last night. I wonder who put that on there. Was it Stella? Does Stella find the 4 roll "sick"? Also which ones should I get...

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

toxicsunset posted:

I have to disagree pretty heavily with this one. Especially just standing still. When moving, sure, rollerblades feel a little different. Especially when it comes to turning/stopping. But standing still there's virtually no difference except you have a bit more grip on rollerblades. To say 'theyre nothing alike', and imply one doesnt translate to the other, is pretty silly. If you have never rollerbladed before but have ice skated your whole life, and strapped on a pair of rollerblades, you'd be more than alright at rollerblading, and visa versa.

I just started playing roller hockey and it feels nothing like ice to me. The concept of "edges" doesn't really seem to exist. Also it seems like at least once a game a puck winds up in a spot where no one can stop fast enough to get to it, so you just have 3-4 guys skating in circles around it for a few seconds. This never fails to make me laugh.

In related news I literally just discovered synthetic ice existed yesterday. Has anyone ever skated on the stuff? Is there any chance it will replace the real thing and some point down the line? I would have given a nut to have this in my basement as a kid, even at $10/sqft.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

sellouts posted:

You're a witch and should be burned.

Let me have my dream of a rink in my yard that doesn't require cold :mad:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I sandbagged for a lower division team last night. They were short skaters and came around looking for help (we had the game before them), I wasn't doing anything so away I went. It wound up being one of the stranger hockey experiences I've ever had. The team I was playing with hadn't won a game since some time last year, but they were really cool guys and had great attitudes.

The two teams were pretty evenly matched except for these two guys on the other team: we'll call them Bill and Ted. Bill and Ted had absolutely no business playing in this division; they had the skills to play in either higher division (though maybe not the maturity). It became pretty evident early on why Bill and Ted were playing in D3: their shtick was "get puck, carry puck end to end, try and doodle through everyone and score goal", and they were able to do this against D3 skaters. The team I was playing on was more than a little jaded at the gimmick.

Anyway, me and another guy from my team who was sandbagging started lining up on D against them, and they did not know what to do when faced with defensemen who they couldn't skate through/around/whatever at will. They both started getting really frustrated, banging their sticks on the boards after each failed rush, howling at the refs constantly, etc. Things really started to go downhill when I inadvertently knocked one down on a rush: he slewfooted me from his back (2 mins for that), called the ref a fat retard (2 more mins), and threw his stick and gloves into the penalty box (10 mins for that). To that end, I got tripped 3 more times during the game in addition to this first one one...I don't know what was going on (I don't dive), but the other team was getting really pissed off at me.

We wound up scoring a go-ahead goal on a 5 on 3 PP with about 10 mins left, and you'd thought it was the 3rd period in game 7 of the drat SCF...the bench went nuts and the 10 people in the stands did too. Then we had to bunker and deal with Bill and Ted's nonsense for the last 10 mins. Between screaming at the refs, screaming at their teammates, and their absolute refusal to ever pass the puck ever it very quickly became one of the more obnoxious displays I've ever seen.

Obnoxious hit its peak with about a minute to go: Bill was in the box (for tripping me, again), Ted decided he was going to score a goal no matter what. He carried the puck into the zone, was forced wide, and proceeded to complete no less than two and a half laps of the offensive zone before finally falling down and throwing his stick at our goalie (he never actually got a shot off). I could not stop laughing and that just made him madder, so he decided he wanted to fight, going so far as to drop his gloves. I wasn't really interested.

Anyway, the team I was playing with went apeshit when the horn sounded, sticks and gloves were thrown in the air and whatnot, beer was sprayed around the locker room (not cool, my gear smells like cheap beer now). It was pretty cool to see the enthusiasm.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

real_scud posted:

Wait, how the hell wasn't he kicked out of the game for getting that many penalties? I know in our league if you get 3 in one game you're done for the night.

I think it is 5 minors and you're out in our league. I don't really get why though, unless they're all roughing or unsportsmanlike calls. Trip/hook me all you want!

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Alizee posted:

If anyone can give me their opinion on which skates I should buy that'd be sweet cause I'm considering buying them tomorrow.

In the store or online?

If online, there are some sweet deals about (Easton S17 and the entire outgoing Bauer Vapor series).

If in the store, what is your price point?

edit - also what I'm going to say next will probably mimic the OP

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Alizee posted:

I don't remember the specific model of Bauer Vapor's that I was looking at but they were regular 235 on sale for 155. The 2010 models.

My price point is $150.

I guess I'll go try them both on and see what feels better. Right now just based on personal bias and a few friends I'm swayed towards the Bauer's just because I like buying things new and I know the Bauer brand well and I'm worried that because Graf fits to people's individual foot that they'll be really off with me.

We'll see though I guess. Also I like the look of the Bauer's better :p

To be honest, $150 is probably too low for new skates if you're looking for something new. If you can up your price to get a pair of the outgoing X:40s I would recommend that (probably $200 if you're diligent on ebay, here for example), otherwise I think you'll be better off buying used.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I used my sale purchased One95 gloves and NIKE elbow pads this weekend and was very impressed. The 95s feel like I'm wearing shooting gloves or something compared to my ancient 5-rolls, and their protection seems great too (though not as good as the tanks they replaced). Elbow pads actually stayed up the whole time while protecting properly so that was a nice change of pace.

Also they are very patriotic red/white/blue. :patriot:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
At pickup last night some dildo took a chest-high cannon blast from the point when there were at least 6 people in front of the net. Not only is it not going to get through, but you're going to hurt someone. I yelled at him as did a couple of his teammates.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
In the hundreds of beer league and pickup games I've played I've never seen anyone get hurt because of a lack of shoulder pads. A couple times of year guys will get hit by a puck and get a bruise, but that's about the upper limit.

I personally don't wear them because they're hot and heavy, plus the above fact makes the risk-reward calculation pretty simple.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

coldwind posted:

Wait, if nobody ever gets hurt, then why were you yelling at this guy for taking chest-high slapshots? He apparently isn't going to hurt anybody very much.

Taking a high shot is perfectly legitimate (assuming he wasn't TRYING to cause injury), even if it's not the smartest hockey move. Sometimes it happens by accident, too. And you don't even know if the dude had his head up and knew there were that many guys in front of the net. We aren't all professional level players with impeccable and perfectly consistent technique who can pick corners and skate with their heads up at all times and it's perfectly reasonable to expect that the players on the ice are either adequately protected for any shot you take or prepared to accept the consequences of not being protected.

If you go over the risk-reward and decide wearing a visor or not wearing shoulder pads or whatever is worth more than the risk, that's fine. But don't go reaping all the reward, then blame somebody else when the risk comes back to bite you in the rear end. I'm not going to change my game just to accomodate you enjoying all the rewards and avoiding all the risk. If a goalie decided he wanted to wear player shoulders because he was more comfortable, then asked you to not shoot hard so he doesn't get hurt, you'd tell him to gently caress off.

The guy in my anecdote from earlier plays for OU, he can control his slapper just fine. He was going for some Heatley-roofit nonsense, which was even stupider because there were a half dozen people between him and the net. Conversely I don't yell at lovely players who can't control their slappers, I just get out of the way.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Finally pulled the trigger on the Combat 52 Cal. The Internet says this thing is 15 grams lighter than a TotalOne and the X60 (my current stick), and that thing is almost too light for me.

Got it for $140 shipped, if this thing is even close to as good as The Internet thinks it is it should be hell of a value.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Habibi posted:

How long do these sticks last? I'm down to my last $40 clearance stick (one of those Bauer rebrand jobs that Hockeygiant had a shitload of for well below what their identical sisters cost) and have been really hesitant about dropping $100+ on a new one. poo poo better last a year.

It depends. I've only broken one composite stick in half in a lot of years of using them, and I'm not too delicate with my sticks. I've been using the same X60 for about 6 months now and it is doing just fine. Usually the first thing to go is the blade, and when that happens you can always continue to use the shaft.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
At our game last night I was playing defense, we were down 4-1 or something. A guy on their team had the puck on the boards near our blue line, and I stepped in front of him with the intent of preventing him from entering the zone. I misjudged his speed, and instead absolutely crushed him into the boards (it was a clean hit, but no check league it was obviously a penalty).

Their team got all uppity about it (one of my pickup buddies gave me a nice cross check in the back), so we jawed at each other a bit, and I got a minor for checking, and was pushed away towards the penalty box. I saw the kid I had hit going to the bench, so I figured I'd go over and say I was sorry for the hit. Everyone saw this, and apparently (I didn't hear any of it) everyone on both teams assumed I was going over to FINISH THE GUY OFF and started shouting "BEWBIES, NO, JUST GO THE BOX MAN, JUST LET IT GO!!!"

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Difficult decision: should I go to pickup tonight?

Pro:
I have a new toy to play with (new stick)
It is really fun
I haven't exercised at all since Sunday due to injury as dicussed below and it is driving me crazy

Con:
I hurt my back a month ago and it still hurts
I may have implied to my girlfriend that I'd go out with her tonight

Pro:
If I go tonight I'll have a week and a half to rest the back thanks to the holiday weekend

Con:
If I go tonight it'll probably reset the back situation to "injured" from "sort of sore"

WHAT TO DO

bewbies fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 30, 2011

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I finally got to use the Combat 52 cal last night. I was really, really impressed. It felt both lighter and better balanced than my X60, and it is an absolutely nasty shooter. I got a 90 flex, and it felt a bit easier to load than the 87 flex X60, plus it was a good bit better on slappers. Felt fine catching passes, was a bit firmer than the X60 but still very good. I thought it was as good or better than any stick I've used, and the best part is it was only $140.

Also after our skate someone asked me if I got it at Dollar General.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Habibi posted:

Jock strap, please.

Get Webers and wear it around as a mask.

I would love going to one of those equipment sales. Never been to one. :(

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
The other team we played tonight didn't have a goalie so we decided we'd borrow one from one of teams playing before us. It was a girl. She was both really good and really hot. I did not know these things existed.

She stopped me on 4 breakaways but I still scored 5, I don't know if I get to keep my penis or not.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
edit - wrong thread

bewbies fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 20, 2011

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Dangerllama posted:

In the few places I've played the divisions are approximately like so:

A - used to play college or semi-pro.
B - played midget, maybe some college.
C - played midget or has been playing for a while.
D - has maybe a couple of years of hockey, but no formal experience.
E&F - Can stand up on skates. May or may not be able to skate backwards well.

Maybe head out to watch a league game for whatever division you think you'd fit in. See how the pace is before you jump in. A reminder though: games always look much worse when you're observing than they do from the bench. When I skate at my Lunch League (basically mid-C) I'm always astounded at how slow everything looks from the glass. I catch myself thinking, "Really? We're that bad?"

The division I skate in is roughly "A" by that classification. Last year we had a handful of games that took place after the AHL Barons practices. My girlfriend (who is a huge Barons fan) always went to the practices and then stayed for our games, and was always very eager to tell me how much smaller, slower, less skilled, stupider and uglier we looked compared to the AHL guys. As far as I can tell, we are to AHL guys what AHL guys are to NHL guys.

In conclusion professional hockey players are frighteningly good at what they do.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

WouldDesk posted:

bewbies, do you plan on taking part in the Blazers Ice Center charity hockey extravaganza marathon Saturday? Seems like a cool idea, 15 or so hours of hockey for $100 donation.

I was actually going to, but my back has been killing me lately and I didn't think 15 hours of hockey would do anything good for it so I backed out earlier this week. It should be a lot of fun though.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Thufir posted:

Anyone ever wear a neck protector as a skater? Since I apparently have a medically rare neck I was thinking I should so I ordered a Shock Doctor one but it doesn't look too comfortable.

When I was like 8 lol

Seriously though, neck protectors don't really provide much impact protection, they're there mainly to provide protection from skate blades. If you really seriously need to protect your neck from impact a goalie neckguard is the way to go.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
So I got a nice surprise today. A few months ago I ordered a Combat 52 Cal, but they didn't have the pattern that I wanted. They went ahead and sent me a similar pattern, which I've been using since then.

Today I get home and there is a hockey stick on my porch. Combat decided to send me a free stick to say sorry for not having the pattern I wanted before.

I think I'm in love.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Nizox posted:

How do you like this combat stick? I swore off Bauers a while ago since they kept breaking on me, and I have a warrior and easton I swap between now. I like them, but I think I scored more with the bauer. But that's most likely a lie, since I tore my ACL and only came back about 1 month before I broke my last bauer.

I absolutely love both of them that I have. They're both great shooters, particularly for slap shots (where I like them much more than the X:60), and they're light and feel great on the puck. The thing I like most I think is how they catch passes. I can be reaching out for a strong pass with one hand on my backhand and the puck just seems to stick to the blade like it is magnetized. Never had another stick that did this so well. It is the best stick I've ever used, and its a good $50-60 cheaper than the top line stuff from other companies so its a nice value too.

That plus the awesome customer service (my experience was not unique), pretty cool. I'd recommend them to anyone.

In related news I just had an appendectomy so I'm out for a couple of weeks, probably. :(

bewbies fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 5, 2011

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

sellouts posted:

http://deadspin.com/5829748/get-to-know-a-comic-you-probably-dont-know-david-walton

Possibly the funniest and most true thing ever written on the internet.

This rules. Although I don't think any girl I've ever been around did well with hockey smell, where did he find that one?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is anyone interested in buying my 52 cal stick before I throw it on ebay? It is a Zetterberg blade, 90 flex, cut to fit me (@ my nose on skates, I'm a hair under 6' tall). It has a few chips in the paint by the blade but otherwise it is in good shape, I only used it for maybe a half dozen games. It was ~$175 new, if someone wants it I'll send it for $75.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

real_scud posted:

Left or right?

Right, duh, I suppose that is important to include. Also I should have said its at my nose in shoes, at my chin on skates. Also I can put up pics later tonight if anyone wants.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

sellouts posted:

They own. I got my rear end decked in midget & high school play and never got hurt in them. Also blocked a shitload of shots back when I had to and never felt anything. They fit well and they've lasted forever.

I've had them 12 years and they still rule. I'm sure they've made minor updates but mine look generally the same. I think bewbies has these as well, but maybe I'm crazy.

And I skate barefoot because I got a pair of skates back when baking them was a "new" thing or whatever and the guy said it was an option. It kept my feet cooler and I never had anything but normal socks that always bunched up and were uncomfortable.

When I skate in the pond hockey tournament this year in February (sup again, bewbies) I will probably have to wear socks for the first time and I'm a little worried about it.

I've been using the same pair of Tacklas as given to me by some bantam travel team since maybe 1995. They were (I think) my first pair of adult equipment, and they still look and work great...the only flaws they have are from me being careless (cut from me stepping on them in a skate, and a cracked hip pad because I stepped on it).

Now that I think about it they might be the oldest bought-new thing that I own and they're probably the single most durable and effective thing that I've ever owned (and I drove an Accord for quite a while). I don't know if their current stuff is made to the standards these were but if they are you can't go wrong with them.

Also I just looked my pants up and they are still for sale. lol

bewbies fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 13, 2011

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I played in my first post-appendectomy game last night. I felt like I was learning how to play all over again, it was rough. Plus we only had one sub. Guh.

Also I just ordered these shinguards, which means the only old bits of equipment I have leftover from the 90s are my skates and pants. I got the shinguards for $74, which seems like a pretty sweet deal.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
A giant old guy hip checked me last night and I fell in the little space between my butt pad and hip pad and this morning my butt hurts a lot. I cannot get to 100%. :(

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
We played with 5 D and 6 forwards last night. All 5 of the D were over 40, all 6 of the forwards were under 30. I found this amusing.

Also I love it when new skaters show up to pickup, I usually make it a goal of mine to get an assist on a goal they score. If you've never tried this it is a serious challenge and it is great for developing your passing touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
106 last night, played roller outside, didn't drink enough water while playing and got a touch of heat exhaustion. Got sonic double cheeseburger on my way home. Cramped up, took two bites of burger, didn't have enough energy to shower so I just crawled into bed all smelly. Laid there for 2 hours unable to sleep, got up, showerd, took Ambien, got back in bed. Bed smelled because I got into it without showering, got back up, played some weird RPG on computer for 2 hours while spacing on Ambien (I'm 90% sure elf sex was involved, I don't really remember). Finally fell asleep on floor next to computer chair, woke up on top of uneaten double cheeseburger.

In conclusion I have the decision making and survival skills of a 5 year old. An immature 5 year old.