Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.
Goalies playing with dull skates is 95% myth. Any goalie playing a semi-modern style with butterfly pushes is going to want very sharp skates. I'd guess the vast majority of goalies use around 1/2 inch, plus or minus an eighth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

Zip! posted:

Stink chat - My nice new custom goalie gloves arrived last week and so I'm going to OCD levels to look after them and dry them out properly each week.

I bought one of these things and replaced two of the feet with hand extensions that you can buy for a a little extra.

It dries my goalie gloves a little too well. The catcher gets tough and a little hard to close.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

FreshFeesh posted:

I'm watching a peewee game and I realized I don't know what one of the referee hand motions symbolize:

Frequently during a stoppage of play, particularly offsides, the back ref will raise his right arm for a few seconds, occasionally pointing to the score keepers before pointing to the face off spot. What is this supposed to mean?

Line change?

NHL rulebook posted:

82.2 Procedure - Following a stoppage of play, the Referee will enforce the following line change procedure once he has determined that this procedure may begin:
(i) The Referee shall give the visiting team up to five (5) seconds to make its line change.
(ii) The Referee shall raise his hand to indicate no further changes by the visiting team and to commence the home team’s line change.
(iii) The Referee shall give the home team up to eight (8) seconds to make its line change.
(iv) The Referee shall lower his hand to indicate no further changes by the home team.