Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Is $100 too much for a helmet for recreational no checking? The websites have Reebok 8k, Bauer 9100, and CCM Vapor 10 models for about that. Am I just paying for "10% lighter" and some kind of fancy lining at that point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Surfing Turtle posted:

I roll with this and it's fine:

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=B4C

Yeah I think that's more or less the one I have, I don't know the exact model number but it's a Bauer that ran me about $50 without a cage when I bought it like 10 years ago.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

how did I never skate without socks before today, that poo poo owns

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Thufir posted:

Anyone know if Reebok outlet stores sell hockey stuff? I just noticed there's one near me. Seems pretty unlikely in Tennessee.

The Reebok outlets here in Pittsburgh barely even sell Penguins souvenir items. 99.9% of the store is shoes and lovely NFL stuff. The only hockey stuff is hats and leftover Winter Classic shirts/sweats (not even jerseys).