Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Only a week and a half until I get to see Kyuss Lives! I'm so loving stoked...

Apparently they're being supported by BURDEN. Anyone hear them before? Listening to their stuff on MySpace they seem alright, but I fully expect Kyuss to poo poo all over them.

Nelson Mandela fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

Crackerman posted:

Bristol? I'm seeing them there on the 6th and I'm starting to get excited now, I have a feeling I'm going to be listening little else for the next week or so.
Manchester on 5th :)

This is especially awesome because I was too young to catch Kyuss the first time around. This is the closest I'm gonna get. I'm as excited as I was when I applied for Led Zeppelin tickets a few years back, except I can actually see Kyuss (well, 3/4 of them) without raping my bank account or winning a lottery with odds of a million to one.

TheMightyCheese posted:

Red Fang was fun, but Kylesa was definitely the high point of the night.
I think I'd poo poo myself if I had the chance to see both of these bands on the same night. I love them both. I hope they both do UK tours (again!) soon... or come to Japan while I'm out there.

im_sorry posted:

Also, it looks like sHeavy has released a bunch of their albums as free downloads. I'm downloading them now - I've always wanted to order their music, but never did, for some stupid reason. The link on their official site is http://www.sheavy.com/albums.html.
Thanks for this! :D

Nelson Mandela fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 25, 2011

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

Diseased Yak posted:

Brotherhood of Sleep - Dark As Light
Instrumental album with four tracks, the shortest of which is over 11.5 minutes. Crushing riffs and amazing tone. I love what they've achieved here. Lots of psychedelic action as well, which will go on for a while, then suddenly you get dragged back down into the depths to be pummeled by titanic sludge. Reminds me of Mammatus awesome The Coast Explodes, only way loving heavier. Highly recommended.
Listening to this now. Not listened to any of their stuff before. Liking it A LOT, thanks!

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

The Whole Internet posted:

Old Man Gloom

There has been no mention of Old Man Gloom. I don't know why I bring them up since they're not doing anything these days, but I love this loving band.
I'm not a fan really (of the vocals, mainly) but any band that names a song 'Sonic Wave of Bees' is doing something right.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

Diseased Yak posted:

I tell ya though, if you haven't listened to it already, get YOB's The Great Cessation and listen to the 5th and final track (also called "The Great Cessation") on the album. It's like all of YOB's previous efforts culminating in one monster 20+ minute track of unrelenting badassery. I shudder to think what it would sound like live. My pants would probably stand-up on their own afterwards...
Thanks dude, you've probably ruined the majority of heavy rock I have heard before or will ever hear in the future. Holy loving poo poo.

I have to be considerate to flatmates right now but this is gonna be played SO loving LOUD tomorrow.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Oh this is good! Shame there isn't much more!

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

amplifier worship posted:

Polegrinder posted:

Kamni
:worship: :worship: :worship:
This, exactly this. Holy poo poo. If the rest of the EP is as good as the first 3 minutes of the first song Polegrinder linked...

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

Idioteque Dance posted:

So anyone going to Kyuss tomorrow (Manchester)? I've been hearing good things about the tour so far.
Yep! I'm loving pumped! :D

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

Surfer Rosa Parks posted:

Hell yes, seeing them tonight and can't wait. Been spinning desert rock and getting high all week in preparation.
Yeah, I've been on Kyuss-only musical diet for days. I didn't realise my speakers went this loud and my bass went this low...

Also Kyuss songs seem to sound better on Youtube than iTunes. I think they're fuzzier and somehow the bass is muddier as well. It's kind of awesome.

Nelson Mandela fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 5, 2011

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

Idioteque Dance posted:

Also Kyuss ruled.

el rodeooooo
Oh gently caress yes. Kyuss just wrecked my ears and goddamn was it awesome!

Homme is an rear end in a top hat - the band can bring it with or without him and if he wants nothing more to do with it then, well, whatever buddy. I'm incredibly happy to have seen even 3/4 of these musicians playing their songs together and the 'filler' guitarist did a loving awesome job anyway.

Hell, my deadbeat friend bailed on me at the last minute so I was there on my own (I resisted the temptation to embarrassingly shout "GOOOOOONS!" and see who responded...). Despite that it was still ridiculously awesome and certainly one of the best gigs I've been to.

Also, great setlist. Although it's not like they could have chosen a bad song even if they picked them at random...

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

Velocirocktor posted:

Kamchatka. They're maybe right on the edge of the thread, but not out of place here. They've got a new one coming out next month, looking forward to that.

Now I'm listening! Kamchatka are a fantastic band! I didn't realize they had new material out soon.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Well then, the new Bitchwax album is fuckin' awesome. Part of me thinks it'd be better broken up into a few tracks (there are obvious breaks, too) but on the other hand I kind of dig the old vinyl thing of having to listen to it all to find your 'favourite' bit.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Not listened to this album in quite some time. Rediscovered it. My loss becomes my gain, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO7VP34n2Ps

Maybe I didn't appreciate it when I first heard it. gently caress knows. All I know now is, Electric Wizard are loving badass (and I'm well aware that's not exactly news to this thread).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

Hah, came here to post this. They're all amazing. I've been listening to them all day at work and I'm in a weird place right now.