Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
man, I completely forgot about this thread...

anyway, I just got turned on to KozybunX ("great band, terrible name" - internet person) and it's pretty cool. I heard it described as such: "Think Bongzilla but the samples are about Satan & Serial Killers instead of weed."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
Good and bad news from Saw Her Ghost records, looks like the pre-order of Beast in the Field's Goat Isle Seance special edition vinyl is going to be extended. Bad news is that the pressing company is really backed up, delaying all pre-orders at least two more weeks.

More here.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ufomammut's ORO-Opus Alter out 14th of September.
Check out the first released song, Oroborus.

This is awesome, September won't come soon enough.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

rxcowboy posted:

So I started a new job a few weeks ago, and it's a long rear end commute on the bus to get to work. About an hour and a half each way. While the distance blows, it's given me a great chance to just put my headphones in and listen to music. I can listen to pretty much a full album each way.

I've been tearing through Neurosis, Cult of Luna, Isis, Ahab, Om, and YOB. I know they are very different bands, but they all share a similar massive, oppressive sound that I love. What other groups sound similar that I should look into?

Omega Massif

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Loaf32 posted:

That's pretty slick. I really want to see Boris play.

Boris was outstanding when I saw them a couple years ago. Their set sounds similar to what Quantum saw - opening and closing with just straight doom drone, but they also played some cuts from Pink (which I love), and they played for close to two hours I think.

I was a little surprised that they weren't as crushingly loud as I expected, and Wata is waaaay shorter than I realized.

Great shou though, for sure.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

zenless posted:

Oh man, obsessed with Orchid - Capricorn the last few days... must get more...

Orchid is great, and they've got a couple other EPs out. Straight Sabbath worship, no bones about it.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Jarate posted:

This band crosses enough genres that I'm skeptical to post it in here, but goddamn, you guys have to hear Inter Arma if you haven't already. Can't get enough of this. It just came out on Relapse.

Their Bandcamp page. The song "'sblood" is the one that's being touted around the usual metal circles right now with a lot of positive responses.

Here's a Pitchfork review for the album. Not the best review, but nails what I dig about it.

Hell yeah, this is great.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
The new Beast in the Field record, The Sacred Above, The Sacred Below dropped on the 19th of last month, and it's loving solid.

Here is a track from it:

http://sawherghost.net/sawherghost/audio/BITF_ThereOnceWereMountainsOfIce.mp3

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

VELOUR SPACESUIT posted:

loving YES. I have been waiting for this album for a while and this is my first listen to one of the tracks. As excited as I am, I am trying to wait for the vinyl.

This is some serious loving riffage. I hope they space it out with some drone stuff like on their other albums.

It's all there man, everything. And this album is twice (?) as long as anything else they've done, it rules.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
Relapse just signed an all female sludge trio called Mortals:

article: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=188351

http://mortals.bandcamp.com/

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
Boris is playing saturday with the atlas moth and I'm pretty excited.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

ChickenArise posted:

This was a great show. I've seen Boris many times, but I had been wanting to see both of the other bands for a while now.

I saw Boris like five years ago and remember them playing a lot of songs from pink and akuma, but I've heard this setlist is way more doomy. I thought Ash Borer was supporting but either i'm dumb or they changed the lineup, but it's been a great excuse to get back into atlas moth. I've never heard of subrosa but whatever because this is a tiny venue and boris.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
poo poo I thought I was pretty up on their catalog but I only recognize about two of those songs.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
holy poo poo boris was absolutely crushing tonight. I don't think wata changed her facial expression once. atlas moth was pretty great too, very laid back and interacted with the crowd a bit.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
a full sleep set from last year, pretty thunderous

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V89JtjisHr4&feature=share

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
sorry to interrupt earplug chat, but the new acid witch has been out for a minute and it's great. Charlie's out on drums and your friend and mine Phil adds a bit more nuance:

http://acid-witch-detroit.bandcamp.com/album/evil-sound-screamers

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

nerve posted:

Sleep is pleased to announce these 2018 tour dates:

03/31/18 : Detroit MI - St. Andrews Hall

so stoked they're playing here

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
i just realized that sleep plays the same night as priest at masonic.

i'll still be at sleep

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm still confused by Priest playing the Masonic in the first place

yeah you'd figure it'd be at the pizzarena. i haven't seen priest nor sleep, and am hard pressed to skip a show at masonic, but c'mon, sleep

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
sleep was absolutely amazing. waiting in the merch line was not as amazing

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
i just pulled the trigger on the green vinyl for $30:

https://thirdmanstore.com/the-sciences-limited-edition-first-pressing-green-vinyl

Varg posted:

anyone found a link to buy an actual physical CD of the new Sleep yet? I've acquired the :filez: but am waiting till I get home later and can properly blast this and enjoy it

CD is here:

https://thirdmanstore.com/bands/sleep/the-sciences

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

UFOTacoMan posted:

I can't seem to get to the shipping choices, says "quote not available"

huh, weird. i did have to put my full address in, i'm assuming you did the same? are you in the US?

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

UFOTacoMan posted:

thanks, I got it to work by manually putting the address in.
The auto address was found my address, but it didn't seem to trigger the next step.

also check out my expiration date on my credit card, finally it all makes sense, i got this new card months ago with this expiry date to buy this album on 4/20

hell yeah

:420:

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
my SIL and I just landed in Nashville, we're heading to our deaths in the cave shortly. I've got a few patches on my carhartt jacket, no backpatch. find my bald spot, come say hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
the cave was amazing, they should give the cave to SUNN