Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

treetheheavy posted:

Truckfighters are planning a US tour

I've missed every awesome show in Pittsburgh lately because of school constraints, but def going to see this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Got my tickets to see Clutch and Corrosion of Conformity yessss

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

NuclearGuru posted:

I'm going to this as well, it's gonna be awesome. I'll be seeing them in NYC, what about you?

nah, Pittsburgh

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
100+ degrees today, but gently caress it. Clutch and Corrosion of Conformity tonight gently caress yes

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Fun Times! posted:

Hey all, I've listened to Queens of the Stone Age and Kyuss for years (and the Desert Sessions) and just recently have been binging on everything John Garcia has done and I'd like some recommendations for similar stuff. I just listened to Sleep's Holy Mountain for the first time (holy poo poo) and I like it a lot but it's more slow and doomy than I'd like at the moment. I like the spacey desert blues sound of songs like Space Cadet and the overall feel of Welcome to Sky Valley. I'd love to hear any bands/albums that are just as awesome. Thanks. :D

Check out Truckfighters

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

West posted:

Wanted to share some information about a new compilation being released tomorrow by Satanik Recordings.

It's entitled Swamp Abyss Sorcery and it contains some of the finest examples of independent heaviness native to Florida in recent history.

Bands included are: Shroud Eater, Druid Lord, Fatal, Hollow Leg(ex-Bloodlet), Orbweaver(ex-Hate Eternal), Flyingsnakes, Hot Graves, Party Time, Extremely Rotten, Holly Hunt(ex-Floor), and my band: Fire in the Cave.

edit: Click here for a free download of the comp!

Thanks, there's some cool stuff on here. Your band's song was either my favorite or second favorite on the comp.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Polegrinder posted:

John Baizley has also talked about the latest Baroness album. Seems like they are going with a different sound and approach to their music this time.

Any indication as to how it will be different?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Crimson Sox posted:

Ex-members of Isis (minus Aaron Turner) and Chino Moreno (Deftones) forming a band named Palms

Pretty excited about this.

Woah, that could be pretty cool

Also that Baroness cover art is rad. I love Baizley's stuff so much

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
The new 16 album is seriously loving fantastic

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Got my copies of Archon and Nevertenezra's debuts today and they're both pretty loving rad

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Metanaut posted:

"Review" copies are out, huh?

New Clutch single was just released :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQLM0e6l5pM

Album can't come out soon enough.

Oh mother gently caress yeah this rules

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Finally got to hear the new Ahab and I like it a whole lot. Antarctica is one of the best songs they've done

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

I hope it's appropriate to ask this here, but does anyone know where I can buy the Fuzz Manta album from 2009, Smokerings. Or, hell, any of their others for that matter, but especially Smokerings.

I've done internet searches, had a look at Kozmik, etc., but can't find it anywhere. Am I missing someplace obvious? (I'm in the USA). Thanks for any suggestions.

Here's why I want this album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URQiJ3hhTdU

dang, i'm liking this song a whole lot

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

aliencowboy posted:

This might be the most stoner metal video ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq1gb50iobU

Cool

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Hooded Menace is the best. Where's the new Acid Witch to go with it, Obama

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

CaptainJingles posted:

Gonna throw out a rec for a Finnish group called Hooded Menace. Horror movie themed death/doom metal.

Hooded Menace are so loving great. It was an awesome day when I got their debut album and Acid Witch's debut in the same package from Razorback

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Palms is sounding pretty drat cool, actually. I'm not a Deftones fan by a long shot, but I do think Chino fits in nicely. All three of the songs out there sound good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZntL_JEyz4

Palms would be better if Michael Gallagher was with them. As well as Aaron Turner. :smith:

I've been waiting for so long to finally hear this and I loving love it

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Polegrinder posted:

I love finding this kind of poo poo on youtube... "hidden" bands.

Pale Divine. I've never heard of them before and they've been around since 2007 2001 1997.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8uGfID5dyA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8uGfID5dyA

I love Pale Divine

(I like the Crimson Tears version better but I couldn't find it on Youtube. Regardless, probably my favorite song from them)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT53ECGjEoU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

DeimosRising posted:

I got mine for the Pittsburgh show way early but I bet it was sold out too, it was pretty packed. Seemed like most people were just there for YOB but cave in were fantastic, it had been a long time since I saw them.

Nah, there was plenty of room at the spirit lodge, could have fit another 100+ in there easy. If anything it seemed like it cleared out a bit after Cave In played. loving great show though.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Laserface posted:

i just feel like the genre has matured and developed into something bigger and better than them.

it would be difficult to disagree with this more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Zoben posted:

Kirk has confirmed that Down is working on new material -- "kinda wrote 2 new songs," according to him. Probably just the instrumental parts without Phil but who knows.

gently caress YEA