Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

TeamJesus posted:

I have some download codes for the Thou / Emma Ruth Rundle albums for whoever wants them.

Thanks for this! I grabbed the "6B..." LP code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Snowy posted:

Yesterday I bought a ticket to see king woman based on mentions itt without having heard them. Turns out they’re good!

Los Angeles or Oakland? I've got a couple tickets to one of their Oakland shows just before Halloween; it's gonna be awesome.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

They must've added those really recently, I swear their tour page only mentioned LA and Oakland last week. Obviously the more shows the better.

My fiance and I just moved to the Bay Area after being outside Charleston, South Carolina for three years. I'm really looking forward to the exponential increase in the number of good bands and venues nearby.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Please recommend me albums that are sci fi or fantasy concept albums. Think Dopesmoker, The Sword’s Warp Riders, Bantha Rider, Dvne, Clutch’s Blast Tyrant, etc. Doesn’t have to be 100% one coherent story, but I want some intentionally created epic albums with shitloads of riffs.
The only thing is I hate screaming and indecipherable metal growling. Yelling like Neil Fallon is ok.

These are two that I ended up buying a few months back (or maybe two years, who can tell anymore) when a similar request came up. They're more instrumental psych and maybe not quite what you're after but I dig em:

https://blownout.bandcamp.com/album/jet-black-hallucinations

https://sludgelordrecords.bandcamp.com/album/ocean-is-more-ancient-than-the-mountains

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Laserface posted:

Same as Guns n Roses. Appetite is great but theres what, 2-3 good songs across the rest of their career?

If Axl Rose had died after Appetite for Destruction he'd be remembered as the greatest rock frontman of all time. Alas,

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

A bunch of you might already be aware but this Friday Bandcamp is giving 100% of their portion of music sales to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund. Doesn't help the bands any more than usual but still a good excuse to buy more tunes

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Just got tickets to see Elder / Ruby the Hatchet / Howling Giant in San Francisco's Great American Music Hall on May 16th. Now to decide if I also want to make the trek to Sacremento two days later to see them all again...

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

In news that'll matter to no one but me: U.S. Christmas has pretty much been my favorite band since I discovered them in the op of this thread 5 or so years ago. Eat the Low Dogs might be my most listened to album in my life and every once in a while I'd make a half-assed attempt to find their stuff on vinyl but 15-year old alt country/stoner rock/cosmic drone from Appalachia wasn't the easiest thing to track down.

My most recent attempt was a little over 2 weeks ago and on the fourth page of google results there was a link to a reddit post made six days prior by someone offloading a bunch of records. Among them were three USX albums along with a solo effort by USX guitarist/vocalist Nate Hall:

They're all mine now and I'm so loving thrilled. Godspeed, reddit user weirdmountain, I appreciate ya

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Never heard of those dudes but will check them out.

I don't know enough music words so I'll just link a song because they're so good. If HBO decided to throw a few hundred million dollars at a miniseries based on Blood Meridian then USX would be the only band I'd choose ahead of Jack Harlon and the Dead Crows to do the soundtrack

thiccabod fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 25, 2023

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Laserface posted:

I've recently joined a local sludge/doom band Amammoth on bass and I couldn't be loving happier. Writing a new album this year and have some shows lined up around Sydney, hopefully an aus east coast tour to promote it.

Been playing music for a long time and my other non-doom project is still both-feet on the gas while we get our name out there but this band feels so right. Playing miserable music makes me feel so good.

My two minute assessment based on pulling up their last album while walking my dog is that they're pretty dope so congrats on the new gig! Definitely let us know when you've got some new stuff we can hear

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

I would really like to see Lord Buffalo. And Elder. Disappointed there's no Colorado dates.

Same but California. I caught Elder with Ruby the Hatchet a month ago but would definitely go see them again with boot-gazey Lord Buffalo opening

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Ruby was tremendous. Played the entirety of their most recent album along with a cover of Quarterflash's Harden My Heart. I did think the keyboard was a bit louder than it needed to be and drowned out the lead guitar in a few spots but that could've been either the particulars of the venue or due to it being my first concert with molded musician earplugs

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Ingmar terdman posted:

Farthest thing from a derail. Whips rear end

No dude, derail with your art as often as you want

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

These deserve better than being stuck at the bottom of a page

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Basil Poledouris - Starship Troopers OST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

I had been completely unfamiliar with Howling Giant until seeing them open for Ruby The Hatchet and Elder in San Francisco but they were pretty great. Bassist was having a ton of fun on stage