Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bondage
Jun 9, 2008

by Ralp
Anyone heard anything similar to this: Abandon(swe). I can't describe what genre they belong to, kinda sludge-ish mixed with funeral doom mixed with heroin addicts. They really have their own sound. Check them out youtubes. The closest I could find was Switchblade but they only have one good album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bondage
Jun 9, 2008

by Ralp

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Going to see Earth in a few hours, :woop:
Anyone been to see them live recently?

Guess I must be the only person who doesn't like Earth. Most boring live band I've ever seen. Every song sounds the same. I saw them in Oakland a year ago and they literally cleared out 90% of the audience by their third song.

Bondage
Jun 9, 2008

by Ralp

aliencowboy posted:

Anyone got any recommendations for funeral doom along the lines of Ahab and Skepticism?

Skepticism is in my top 3 of my favorite bands so I can help you out.

Longing For Dawn - Has my favorite Funeral Doom "mouthful-of-lasagna" vocals.
Worship - A little harder to listen to - a little harsher, but still awesome.
Shape of Despair - Slight hints of "vaginal" Funeral Doom but this is a great band. Long rear end intros.
Wormphlegm - Utterly filthy.
Catacombs

Bondage fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 21, 2011

Bondage
Jun 9, 2008

by Ralp

Asnorban posted:

I pretty strongly dislike everything post-Panopticon. But a large part of that is probably because I hold Celestial and Oceanic in such high regards. Panopticon was what got me into them, but those two are what keep me coming back (and going to shows). The live albums are also pretty well worth a listen in my opinion. The newer songs come across a good bit better live.

Just got back from YOB in Raleigh. One word review: fuccckkkkkkkkkk.

I wondered why post-panopticon Isis sucked, then I read that they opened for Tool on a huge tour after releasing Panopticon. So there ya go.

Bondage
Jun 9, 2008

by Ralp

plester1 posted:

My pedal chain is basically cribbed from his blog.

Blog address?