Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Faggot
Jun 11, 2009

cheap sunglasses posted:

You can pretty much pick up any Pentagram song by ear after a few minutes. The only trick is they kept tuning lower and lower with each record.

I'll second this, once you get the tunings they're easy and fun as hell. IIRC most of Relentless is C#/Drop B.

If you want more noodly pentatonic stuff you can't go wrong with anything from Holy Mountain. You already know Dragonaut, don't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Faggot
Jun 11, 2009

Faffel posted:

Also, I tuned my bass guitar down a full-step and started playing around with the blues scale. I'm so loving glad you guys talked me out of getting rid of my bass guitar. Goddamn. I love this thing right now. It sounds so loving heavy when tuned down a step. Do you need a special type of effects box for bass, or do regular electric guitar boxes work well with bass?

For fuzz you can get away with guitar pedals but you'll usually lose some of the low end, but if you're just playing alone that's not really a big deal. Bass Big Muffs are great for the price, but I would just find some used pedals and look up reviews.

And yeah, bass can be way more fun than a guitar once it clicks. Just don't slap or play like an rear end in a top hat and you'll be good.

Space Faggot
Jun 11, 2009
What are some other bands that sound like Warning? I've been listening to Watching From A Distance and I want some more depressing music.