Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
New thread, sick! I got tired of wading through the last one to see if what I was into got mentioned.

I love the OP but I feel like there were some glaring omissions (maybe we're too far into this thread for me to say that, but whatever). Namely a lot of the heavier doom acts like Corrupted and Noothgrush, not to mention Cough, Graves at Sea, Thorr's Hammer and Burning Witch. All these bands have really distinct, incredible sounds and their place in the doom pantheon is without question.

That said, I have to mention a local band called Samothrace. They're loving awesome live (saw them open for Laudanum and more recently Eyehategod) and their recordings are nothing to scoff at. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjiiS42TNEo&feature=related Have a listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol

NuclearGuru posted:

Kamni rules. Here's Brainoil, dirty California sludge/hardcore. Seems like they broke up after releasing one album a few years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06TSgaHbq-0&feature=related

live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muSylE8zJuI

I don't think they're releasing anything anymore, but I definitely saw Brainoil live last summer with Iron Lung, Samothrace and Dropdead. Killerest show of 2010.

The bassist from Brainoil is in a bunch of other projects, namely Laudanum, Lana Dagales and I Will Kill You Fucker. Check 'em all out.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
I saw Weedeater live with Zoroaster back in Marchish, they loving ruled but I was way too drunk and stood outside for most of the set bullshitting with the girl from Samothrace. Stoked to see them again, especially since this time I'll try to be inside for most of the set. Helps that the Highline is within stumbling distance of my apartment...

Are there any other Seattle doom goons?

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
They sort of go all over the place, but I think Space Bong fit in this thread. loving heavy, riff-driven, with powerviolence songs and slow-as-gently caress jams. Everyone in here should check them out.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
So I think everyone would be well behooved to check out the three sickest bands to ever come from Everett, Washington*:

Crop -More stonery stuff, heavy Weedeater influence especially on the vocals.
Böm Shänkär (featuring the guitarist from Crop!) -All over the place. Brutal as all hell.
Carrion Cathartid -Bluesy powerviolence/sludge. The vocals are goddamned incredible.

Sorry for the audio quality, turns out recording on lovely equipment doesn't sound very pro?

*The actual best band from Everett is Numb but they're fast so they don't go in this thread