Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Listen to the new Bongripper stuff here
Sex Tape/Snuff Film
Hate Ashbury Remastered

:worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MR.B posted:

From the new EP, I am liking 'Sex Tape' more out of the two tracks.

I'm preferring Snuff Film but hey, they're quickly becoming one of my favourite bands ever so it doesn't really matter.
Just listened to Hippie Killer for the first time today, can't believe I'd never heard 'Charlie, Burt Reynolds Has Got poo poo on You' before, it's incredible.

Also are you DiscouragedDays on Last.Fm by any chance?

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 13, 2011

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MR.B posted:

Yeah, that's me :)
Ha guessed from your comments on the band page.

"Your musical compatibility with DiscouragedDays is SUPER
Music you have in common includes Bongripper, Electric Wizard, Sleep, Ufomammut and Between the Buried and Me."

:krad:

\/\/\/
Love the album cover.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 13, 2011

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

im_sorry posted:

Also, they finally put The Great Barrier Reefer and Heroin up for purchase. Here, guys, have some more of my money!!

I'd never heard Heroin before and it's incredible. Totally great for zoning out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Psychedelius posted:

Something that might be of interest:

Stream Heavy Rocks (2011) in its entirety

Thanks for this!

Wait, is Attention Please different from New Album that came out a few months ago?

Boris are productive, god drat. (Although that album they did with Merzbow recently was just stuff from Akuma No Uta IIRC)

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 16, 2011

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Liking the new Heavy Rocks so far.
Would love to see Boris live.

\/\/\/
Would also love to check out Torche live, those guys rock.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 19, 2011

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

New Album and Attention Please are pop rock-y, Heavy Rocks is stoner rock.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

plester1 posted:

I like New Album but its very easy to make fun of. You can tell why they only released it in Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyuDYqqL8Po&t=49s

I can just imagine them playing this in front of a group of sweaty European/American neckbearded folk.
:allears:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bongripper recorded some dark ambient track called Glaciers a while back, I THINK some DJ got his hands on an early mix but I can't find it anywhere. They haven't decided what to do with the track yet though.

Hope to god they get that UK tour going again next year.

Also my favourite Bongripper live vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1qJLKmJBmo
Imagine being the dudes at the front.
gently caress.

\/\/\/\/

How did I not hear there was a new Ramesses out?
Yes. Oh yes.
Take the Curse was one of my favourites from last year.

There's a new Bong record out too apparently.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 20, 2011

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Full Ufomammut audiostream from Roadburn, over 1 hour long.

Also vid of Eve Part 1 live.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Don't suppose anyone has a high-res picture of the cover for Boris' first Heavy Rocks album?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I JUST SHAT MYSELF posted:

The new Heavy Rocks is pretty good so far. I think the original is better, but that's heard to beat.

Don't suppose you have high-res artwork of the Orange version?

\/\/\/\/
Yeah same here, thanks anyway.

Not even distributor websites have high res. Pffft.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 31, 2011

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Thanks!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MUFFlNS posted:

Oh also I've never caught the band live but after watching their live DVD I can see what people mean about the drummer and that loving headset. Why does he keep screaming "Wooooooooo!!!!" all the time?!?

To make sure he can still hear I'd imagine.
Who knows? Also Heavy Rocks 2K11 rocks socks. Aileron is epic.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

New song from Ufomammut/Lento/Rose Kemp side project, Farwest Zombee

quote:

Farwest Zombee is a side project of Urlo, bass player and vocals in Ufomammut in which distorted soundscapes, slow and subtle drones, repetitive circles, eerie and fearful lines make the listener totally involved in a evil and loud atmosphere. The project is developing in a audio-video shape, the music is generator of slow images absorbing the music itself to reflect it in suggestions making the listener sink in a sort of hypnosis.
An abstract project starting from the deep sonorities to cover a complete range of dreaming nightmares.
Farwest Zombee guests members of Ufomammut, Lento and Rose Kemp.

MP3 HERE

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fruitcake posted:

Also I checked the website and they still have tickets for sale.

:stare:

Sleep need to do a European tour, for the love of all that is heavy.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just a question to those going to the current Sleep tour:
Are they just playing Holy Mountain with bits of Dopesmoker or is there any new stuff?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Idioteque Dance posted:

EYEHATEGOD + Church Of Misery + The Gates Of Slumber + Witchsorrow + Dopefight
+ Thread + Hang The Bastard + Crossbreaker

£15.

:drat: that's good value.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There's a small chance Ufomammut will be playing support for a confirmed Neurosis gig in Dublin next month. :drat:

Also final Eve Tour from Ufomammut:
http://www.earsplitcompound.com/site/?p=2788

\/\/\/\/

So jealous.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 25, 2011

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Diseased Yak posted:

Congrats HMorg! I've listened to mine like 10 times over now.

In other news... the new Kamni is loving AMAZING.

Their EP last year or whenever it was was pretty great, can't wait to give ATOM a listen.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bongripper had to cancel their current tour, their van broke :stare:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hey, at least you have a small chance of seeing them. Those small little niche bands never come to Ireland, or even the UK :sigh:

Also apparently Down played in Dublin last month and neither I nor my doom loving buddy heard about it at all :stare: Nothing on last.fm or the other place I check for Irish metal gigs. :negative:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That album is pretty good but it's not doom.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ethan posted:

anybody wanting good merch deals... https://www.allthatisheavy.com is having a pretty decent sale right now

Thanks dude.
T-shirts for 9 dollars? Sweet deals.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Anyone got an idea how "small" the small T-Shirts are on AllThatIsHeavy? I'm Irish so our small may be smaller than a US small.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Heatmonger posted:

I guess it would depend on who the actually t-shirt manufacturer is, but when I ordered a Clutch shirt from them a few months ago, the XL was sized more like an XXL. I'm a fatso from the US and I found it quite big.

Thanks for the info man. Also to anyone interested, they're Kylesa, Baroness and Weedeater shirts for only $15 (that's including p+p)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just ordered a Kylesa t-shirt, I waited too long and missed out on the Baroness one in small :qq:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Thinking of seeing Neurosis next Monday, anyone see them live recently?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

King Faraday posted:

See, I keep hearing this. Where can I find the album, I'm in sunny ole NZ so I don't think record store down here will have it.
Can't find a Bandcamp, just a MySpace that has some tracks glued to it.

It's not "out" until August :ssh:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

So far, Lento's Icon has been one of my favourites this year. Bongripper's Sex Tape/Snuff Film EP is also up there. Waiting to see if we get a new OM album this year though, that'd be nice. I know they're working on one but it might be a while.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My Kylesa t-shirt from the All That is Heavy sale just arrived, really fast delivery, gonna recommend them even more now, they even wrote on the delivery form :) Nice people!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'd be very wary of seeing Boris live, not because I don't like them or anything but from what I've heard, they play at ridiculously loud levels. I'm all for loud as gently caress music but I was at The Dillinger Escape Plan there on Wednesday night and my ears are still hosed like 40 hours later. And I wanna be able to hear music in the future :(

\/\/\/ getting some today.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Aug 5, 2011

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

EkoEkoAzarak posted:

I can't believe people are actually complaining about volume.

Amplifier Warfare.

It's all fun and games until everyone sounds like they're on helium for a day after a gig :(
Also stoner/doom band members must all be close to deaf, especially the guys in Sleep, Boris and Sunn O)))

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 5, 2011

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Planet X posted:

. Part of the reason I go is to hear those killer vintage amp tones, but when they're boosted through a PA, vocals distorted beyond recognition, kinda ruins it for me. Sad, really. Sometimes the sound is fine (Melvins), but Shrinebuilder was just absurd.

I saw Shrinebuilder in a pretty small club in Dublin there in November and the sound was bad enough but it wasn't extremely loud or anything. Almost all the gigs I've been to have had poo poo vocal mixing though (venues in Ireland just suck really), which is probably why I liked Earth so much.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not sure if I posted this already but it's worth a listen:

Adult Swim released a Metal compilation album a few years ago called
Metal Swim

It's got rarities, B-sides and other stuff from some of the favourites around this thread, like Kylesa,
Torche, Boris, Zoroaster, Pelican, Isis, Black Tusk, Red Fang, Witch Mountain
and others and it's well worth checking out.

Check it out and download it here.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Aug 18, 2011

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

HMorg posted:

Has anyone mentioned Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats?

Thanks for this, the album rocks hard.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not sure if they're counted as doom or sludge (they kinda are) but I'm digging the poo poo out of Jesu's S/T at the moment, especially Friends are Evil and Man, Woman.
Also someone stole my mp3 player last night, it had 5 or 6 years worth of doom on it :( Sad times.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

nosophoros posted:

SLEEP headlining Roadburn 2012, and Om is also attending.

I cannot :stare: hard enough, Jesus Christ I'd pay anything to see this.

MrBling posted:

Are there any doom bands out there that are just bassguitars and drums with no actual guitars that are also good. kinda like a doom version of necromantia.

Om

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

So did anyone here buy Yob's Atma? Is it even out yet? Can anyone confirm the audio quality is better than the leak that came out a few months ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

nosophoros posted:

I love Atma but the vast majority of people think the production on it is utter shite (leak or no leak).

drat, I really liked it but the leak did indeed have utter shite production on it. Surprising really, The Great Cessation sounded great.