Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoffeeInjection
Feb 27, 2011

by angerbeet
No mention of Orange Goblin yet?

Absolutely killer band from the UK that has been going for 15 years and been consistently good.
Saw them last year along with Eternal Elysium (another great band) and Place of Skulls, was awesome.

My playlist of stoner/doom/psychedelic/similar currently consists of 3298 tracks and is steadily growing. I'm gonna list some of the artists, except some of the really obvious ones already mentioned like Kyuss and Electric Wizard:

Gorilla Monsoon
Dragonauta
Spiritual Beggars
The Machine
The Awesome Machine
The Mushroom River Band
Thulsa Doom
Truckfighters
Sheavy
The Cumshots
Honcho
Sahg
Smoke
Cowboys & Aliens
Alabama Thunderpussy
Dozer
Cavalar
Corruption
Mannhai
Kaihoro
Goatsnake
The Obsessed
Fireball Ministry
Nightstalker
Clutch
Terra Firma
Blood Farmers
Valley of The Sun
Nebula
Earthless
Dead Meadow
Galactus 77
Brutus
Backwoods Payback
Kalas
Ancestors
Keelhaul
Tummler
Queen Elephantine
Halfway to Gone
Solace
Five Horse Johnson
Ten East
Josiah
Flower Travellin' Band

Whoa, that ended up way longer than I thought it would. Some of these bands may be more psychedelic than stoner/doom, but still great stuff worth checking out.

Kyuss Lives played in my hometown two weeks ago but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to buy a ticket, but they will play again in August, so I'll make sure to get one in time now. Was too young to see or appreciate them when they were originally ongoing, so I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeInjection
Feb 27, 2011

by angerbeet

amplifier worship posted:

Valley of the Sun is wicked, thanks!

Valley of the Sun is indeed pretty great. They have a page over at Kickstarter to get their upcoming album released on vinyl, along with some other cool stuff like recording a cover song of your choice, which I think is quite awesome.

Would really like to see them play along with Truckfighters, but I'm stuck here in northern Europe so meh.

Also, you might want to check out their previous band, Blacklight Barbarian.

CoffeeInjection
Feb 27, 2011

by angerbeet
So, anybody heard about Dragonauta? Argentinian band, recently discovered them and been finding me really hooked. Nice mix of groove and heavy riffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1dzVFARBIU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LuhhjLdUew&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrXjqnQrG74

CoffeeInjection
Feb 27, 2011

by angerbeet
Valley of the Sun's new album is now available for download: The Sayings of the Seers