Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
:stare: That sounds pretty loving insane and I wish I had heard of it before now so I could have already listened to it 30 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I just wanted another Mosquito Control, but this'll do. This'll do just fine.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Every single Intronaut album owns. Also Rosetta.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Heavy as gently caress

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Get Prehistoricisms ASAP, it's my favorite album of Intronaut's but I wish it had Justin Chancellor like Valley of Smoke.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

A Colour Haze question:
Often times in you can hear a tapping sound that usually just sounds like the guitar pick hitting a pickup. I don't know what it actually is though as sometimes it doesn't seem to fit with the guitar rhythm like I would expect. What's that sound?
Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HJhkYePujR0#t=56s

Just sounds like clacky pick attack. It's just the pick hitting the strings, it's accentuated due to how the riff is played, though.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Like I said, it can be accentuated due to how you pick the string, how you hold the pick, your EQ, the gain settings, any possible overdrive you're running. I don't think I can give you any youtube examples, but try holding a larger pick, like a fender heavy or something, hold the pick nice and loose, pick lightly, turn up the gain and turn down your volume a bit, and pick towards the neck. You notice that sometimes when the guitar player really digs in on that track the clacking stops a bit. It's all about pick dynamics.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

You were totally right. Playing up on the neck with a shallow pick angle makes that sound. Guitar doesn't even need to be amplified. It seems like it depends on whether the string that is getting picked is already vibrating or not. The sound is actually the string slapping against the pick right before the pick sounds the string again. Which explains why it's not present on every note when it is happening. Thanks for explaining that.

No problem. Thanks for making me check out Color Haze :)

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
boop bee bo beep boo beep BOOP beep bop beep boop

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Put the mosquito control EP after Oceanic.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yeah you can't go wrong with Rosetta. Galilean Satellites is basically exactly what you want.
Intronaut also owns.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Earwicker posted:

I checked out Rosetta's Galilean Satellites and loved it so thanks! Will definitely check out more of these bands in the next couple days

It's great because it's like 3 albums you can listen to according to mood.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It Came From Isis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HTUAYVgPbI

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2013/01/exclusive-song-stream-intronauts-milk-leg/

New Intronaut track.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I just want Justin Chancellor to join Intronaut permanently. Have two bass players, I don't care.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Ramsus posted:

The new Intronaut - Habitual Levitations is available for pre-order with a t-shirt for $22 here:

http://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Intronaut_-_-Habitual_Levitations-_CD_+_Shirt_-Pre-Order-/PKG001439

Has anybody heard much about it? I'll probably order this since I really like their previous work.

Sounds like the same ol Intronaut, not that that's a bad thing.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Have they covered ABBA yet?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Neurosis is great but they sound awful and if you don't understand what i mean that's ok

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Henchman of Santa posted:

Listen to Panopticon.

And also listen to the Mosquito Control EP

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Stravinsky posted:

I will never know why people like Redfang so much. Please tell me what their appeal is.

They are a band who I would be really happy to have played on the radio instead of whatever else is on but I have yet to want to go listen to one of their albums on their own. I'd probably really like it too

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Extreme Period Pond

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
that's a bad title because it's not good advice

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywYTTX6rRqk

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the only better title would be sons of kyuss

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I was going to ask "is it Weedeater" and try to be cheeky but then i realized i wasn't in the general metal thread and realized that it is, in fact, most likely a band closely associated with weed

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Florida loving sucks despite the fact that some of my favorite acts started there

e: Orlando is one of the worst places in the world

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I want an act called Florida Man that does nasty grindcore that sounds like it has a humidity of 90%

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
1). Where Man is Not Meant to Tread
2). Eversorrow Moonglades
3). Aligator Jerker

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It's like a GWAR concert. But you're actually in severe danger because Florida Man built the venue.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i am so embarrassed that necronomiCon is a thing

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I'll probably go if I'm not working saturday or I can find a buddy to go with.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Detective Thompson posted:

Are you familiar with the area around Columbus Theater? Just wondering about the parking situation, whether there's a garage nearby or plenty of street parking?

Not personally but you basically just have to find a place to park on the street and walk to the theater.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
if ur in canada theyre called beasties

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Slain by Bongholders

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
lamb of god are alright if you can put up with tough guys in camo shorts and confederate trucker caps. and ignore randy blythe entirely

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
at least they were after and you could see the actually good acts first

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Anyone going to melvins in providence in august?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
that bong technique...

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I saw a a dude with a the Body shirt at work recently and it just made me really depressed that they relocated from Providence to a place that doesn't suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
thankjs for all the well wishes guyhs