Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
Saw Gozu / Dreadnought / Belzebong / Edler the other day at Geno’s in Portland, ME. Awesome show, my first time seeing any of those bands.

Glad I got there early because Gozu sounded super tight, like, just incredibly well practiced for an opening act at such a small venue. I’ve been spinning their albums since the show and I’m kinda so-so on them, but I’ll definitely keep listening. They definitely put together a good setlist for the show.

Dreadnought sounded good but wasn’t really my jam.

Belzebong absolutely ripped (yes, pun intended). Would love to see them again, especially as a headlining act someday.

Elder was great but seemed like they needed to be in a bigger venue, if that makes any sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

Laserface posted:

Working on my Lungsman/Weedian costume for halloween. got some dry ice on order to put in the back pack and blow smoke clouds on everyone at the party :cool:

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit that's fuckin rad. Post many pics please.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

Cat Hassler posted:

Fu Manchu is a band like Clutch where I think they’re great but man I’m not listening to an entire album

I don’t smoke weed so maybe that’s my problem

Clutch has whole albums worth a listen; their self titled album, Blast Tyrant, and Earth Rocker especially.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

blindidiotgod posted:

I remember seeing Clutch and finding the guitarist really boring on stage, but the drummer picks up that slack and carries it hard. Sick drum riffs, is that a thing?

You went to a Clutch show and managed to not look at Neil for the whole show? Impressive!

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

Seeing Clutch live is so much fun. One of those bands I will never ever miss when they play a show near me.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

Agreeeeeeeeed. Hope they come to Maine again soon.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

CornHolio posted:

Dio Black Sabbath > Ozzy Black Sabbath, fight me

I’m on your team.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

Saw King Buffalo last night and they loving kicked rear end. Will be seeing them again any time they come to town.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

Bad people make good art sometimes (frequently maybe, even?) and it’s not “problematic to enjoy them” unless you decide it is for you personally :shrug:

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

CornHolio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIw7oeZKpZc

Sometimes you just have to go back to the classics

oh its forty posts per page, isn't it

drat I tried

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

https://youtu.be/DvMe9lYdr3Y?si=4JvY3kSnwLNEeUC-

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

ohoho its the fucken wizard

https://youtu.be/e8fxrX-YidM?si=FMBYKENV_RdT0zjV

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

Went to see Mast / Gozu / Howling Giant / The Obsessed last night. Very cool show! Would definitely see both Howling Giant and Gozu again if I have the opportunity.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

thiccabod posted:

I had been completely unfamiliar with Howling Giant until seeing them open for Ruby The Hatchet and Elder in San Francisco but they were pretty great. Bassist was having a ton of fun on stage

Yeah they all looked like they were having a total blast and were also a lot of fun to chat with at the merch table afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I’ve seen a battleflannel in Maine before as well. They’re neat.