Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I started playing guitar four months ago and I just started getting into doom metal and co. I really love to get baked and lay against my amp and strum real slow. When I'm not doing that, I'm listening to Dopesmoker on repeat.

My favorite bands right now are Sleep, Om, Witch, Windhand and Elder. I'm really picky about vocalists so it's been interesting because these genres are everywhere with vocals. It's something that I wish I could get over as well because a lot of these bands are really good and then singing happens and I can't take it. Cave of Swimmers came up recently and I can't get into the vocalist at all. I hate Ozzy's voice and Mastodon's vocalist sounds like Ozzy and can't get into them. Oh also Black Sabbath because Ozzy but Iommi is awesome. I'm pretty okay with just listening to Dopesmoker forever though so whatever's fine I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Oh yeah. I totally forgot about my day of Satan Worshipping Doom.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Nope, I like a lot of growly and screamy vocalists. There are also some that I don't like. I'm not sure where the line is.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Dyna Soar posted:

yeah run the night is a great song.

i'll keep adding stuff. it's at almost 40 songs right now, i think i'll add the dinosaurs later. one song per band. gnarly heavy psych, proto doom, guitar-heavy kraut and hard rocking prog from the late 60s to the late 70s:

https://open.spotify.com/user/anjovisbonus/playlist/795FORLdpqPhCTwHuzWlio

Just cleaned my house to The Axeman Cometh.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Totes going to Sleep in LA.

Edit: friend convinced me to make the drive to Phoenix to catch Bell Witch too.

Eat The Rich fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 1, 2018

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

OpaqueEcho posted:

Experiencing Sleep on the Cain's Ballroom's spring-loaded floor was magical.

Spring-loaded floor?

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Ive been listening to this album on repeat all day.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Just spotted a Nacho)))) which I thought was just a fun pun.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Just noticed that Cough is playing at a little bar near me on Monday. Totally loving going.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

jagstag posted:

cough is v. good please support them. also support inter arma

Turns out I'm going with a group! Woo!

Edit: we have also planned a five person roadtrip to sleep and bell witch in phoenix, followed by camping. Anyone else going?

Eat The Rich fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 12, 2018

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

my bony fealty posted:

Soda Bar? I will be there barring a catastrophic event. I never saw Cough when I lived in Richmond cuz I'm an idiot and now I'm real glad they are playing here.

Yeah! I'll be there in a spiky vest with a dude in a white leather jacket.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Eat The Rich posted:

Yeah! I'll be there in a spiky vest with a dude in a white leather jacket.

Okay. He didn't wear his jacket. I'm in a blue flannel and vest.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

my bony fealty posted:

Gonna head over soon. Flying solo tonight cuz gf didn't wanna come, her loss!

I'm wearing a shirt with this on it in tribute \m/

Badass also you missed a band!

Edit: Cough was loving awesome

Eat The Rich fucked around with this message at 10:08 on May 15, 2018

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I need more music like Electric Wizard's Mountains of Mars, Priestess of Mars and I, the Witchfinder.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Any gooners going to see Sleep tonight?

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Sleep was super good. Al Cisneros is too cool. Bell Witch was great too.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Any gooners seeing Khemmis tonight?

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

The show was pretty great. We had to leave before Khemmis finished but what I saw was really good. Those dudes have great stage presence.

High Priestess was really good. Super Usses was also very good.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Laserface posted:

its the 6th of July in Australia and the new Bongripper isnt out :mad:

It's the 6th of July in America and the new Bongripper isn't out yet :mad:

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

my bony fealty posted:

Going to see Witch Mountain tonight. Wasn't too keen on their latest for a while but I dig it now.

Anyone else dooming this Friday the 13th?

I'll see you tonight, bud. Sixes are really good and so is Beira. It's gonna be a good show.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Witch Mountain was way cooler than I expected.

Sixes had free stickers!

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

my bony fealty posted:

Yeah wow Kayla Dixon really kills it. Tons of energy. I've never seen anyone switch between harsh and clean vox that seamlessly before. Good to see ya briefly!

I talked to their drummer quite a bit, super nice guy. Said the band is in a great place right now so there should be plenty to look forward to from them.

Next doomy show I'll probably hit up is THE BODY in a few weeks. Do they typically play studio material or do different stuff live?

The Body? I'll see you there!

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Future Usses released their album!

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Picked up Mirror Reaper on vinyl. My obsession with this album continues~

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Zoben posted:

Haha, if only they had Bong on the bill

Uh loving going

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

They're super rad. They played in my city a few months back and we all sat in a van and got baked between bands.

That reminds me, I have a friend in a pretty cool two-piece doom band. That friend supplied the weed and opened for Hazytones that night. https://mortar.bandcamp.com/

Solar Haze also played that night. They're cool too. https://solarhazeband.bandcamp.com/

While we're at it, Sixes play here a lot and they're fun and evil. https://sixesdoom.bandcamp.com/

Eat The Rich fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 19, 2018

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Henchman of Santa posted:

I recommend the Chicago one (mostly because my band is on it but also there are a bunch of good local acts here and they're good people).

I love the doomed and stoned comps. Which is yours? My gal is from Chicago and she's interested as well.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Henchman of Santa posted:

Track 3 is ours. We’ve also played with Cokegoat and Marmora who are nice people and good bands (Cokegoat especially). REZN are solid as well.

Oh cool. That's one of my favorite tracks on there.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I love when a band name logo comes together like that

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

my bony fealty posted:

Was at a brewery last night and right as I walked in Funeralopolis started and I learned they play about half an hour of the wiz as their closing music every night. Definitely going back there.

Funeralopolis was what solidified me as a doom fan, years before I had ever smoked a weed.

Which brewery? Kindred is ALWAYS playing Dopesmoker in their bathrooms. They otherwise have a stoner/doom playlist going in the restaurant.

Dopesmoker, Satan Worshipping Doom and Dopethrone, in that order, made me a diehard sds fan. I was really into prog metal and concept albums and found that sds is really good at building atmosphere.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Two Minutes to Late Night is the best late show. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4Cmvvc9ZmyQ412RzXhYoEg

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I'm so glad there are other fans of the show. :D

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I'm gonna see Bongripper tomorrow! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Trip Report: holy loving poo poo

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

No video for me either and there was certainly room for it. Maybe it's a newer thing?

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Snowy posted:

They had it when I saw them in June, it’s a pretty cool part of the performance

I saw them in June too. :(

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I really need to see him play sometime. His setup is really freaking cool.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Id really like a sds Christmas album. Hail Santa, Worship Cheer

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

It's pretty dope. I just burnt both albums to a cd for my car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Varg posted:

My dude it's 2019 have you considered some form of mp3 player or are you an unfortunate soul who doesn't have an auxiliary input?

I had a cassette tape thing that broke. My car has a 6 cd thingie, so I've been listening to dopethrone on repeat lol

Also this track of Lingua Ignota's first album is intense and stays that way until screaming and crying. She's incredible.