Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Laserface posted:

Melbourne based Doom Blues CHILD dropped a new album this week.

this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Philthy posted:

its reallllly good. id say its straight up blues rock but awesome

yeah i'm inclined to agree with this but they do have fuzz pedal riffing as a part of their sound

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

very sad yob/pallbearer/cave in isn't coming to florida

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

there is a new Acid King album

welp know what i'm doing right now

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

It's really good as well

yeah i've listened to it several times already, think it's great

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Philthy posted:

I stopped in the local shop to pick up Majesties and I saw this in the new releases and flipped the gently caress out. For some reason I thought they broke up long ago. Busse Woods is one of my favorite albums. This new one is loving rad and I love it.

they put out an album in 2015 also if you missed that - middle of nowhere, center of everywhere. it's pretty good but i think beyond vision is better.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

if we're posting australian music i'm going to take this opportunity to post burial pit. subhuman scum was one of my fav metal albums of 2021. just gnarly sludge.

https://burialpit.bandcamp.com/album/subhuman-scum

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Laserface posted:

Snakes for the Devine is when they really hit their stride and is IMO their best album. sounds incredible and the songs slap. They really only play the title track live though (and its the encore for good reason)

that opening riff is godlike

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Laserface posted:

I think in general when I see these multi-instrumentalist people do a cover like this it lacks the soul/feel of a band doing the same thing. the band has developed a sound and style that they can apply to the song to make it their own (which IMO is what makes a 'good' cover,) whereas this is just one guy who may or may not play doom all the time, so while he gets the tent-pole stuff like using the right scale/chords and tone he doesnt play with the feel/style of doom metal as much? i am not and will not be checking out his channel to determine that.

this is a really cogent explanation for why these song covers have always bothered me

except for the katy perry i kissed a girl power metal version, which absolutely nails the soul of nerd rear end rhapsody power metal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

spaced ninja posted:

New pallbearer dropping soon as well

https://pallbearer.bandcamp.com/album/mind-burns-alive

New song isn’t all that heavy but I like it. Nice to see them experimenting with their sound, still no doubt it’s a pallbearer track though.

yeah this is great. i loving love pallbearer.